Piece of Cake?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Piece of Cake?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
All right, I've read in multiple threads that cake is supposed to grant you a 2% bonus to armor. However, whenever I have it with me, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
I don't know, not having got that far in the game, but I guess the 2% bonus is probably a reward for a quest to bring somebody cake. In GF3 there was definitely a quest to bring somebody cake, and it's the same writer, so...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #2
Slartucker, in his (excellent) list of "Where to find stuff and what it does," had originally listed a piece of cake from Turabi Gate as conferring +7% Armor / +2 Blessing Magic.

I think it was since determined that this was a joke and/or an error. I don't believe that cake has any properties other than being delicious (and fulfilling a minor quest).

I'll admit I didn't bother to fulfill this quest my first during my first play-through -- so I can't comment as to what the reward is.

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #3
The reward is some more food and exp. No big deal. My first run through I missed this quest as well.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Cake does give some useful experience when you are running out of places to get it. The food is almost worthless at this point in the game.

I went back and looked at that cake in Turabi Gate and there are 2 there. I think that the correct item was Captain's Boots that got confused with cake.