The Key (Spoiler Laden Post Follows)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Key (Spoiler Laden Post Follows)
Apprentice
Member # 7789
Profile Homepage #0
This post is intended for those who have finished the game and thus will be full of spoilers.

I've finished the game once, but I left three things undone that time. I didn't make any anvil-forged magic items, I didn't unlock Khyryk's door, and I didn't go back and unlock the black pit in the crazy Shaper Monarch's swamp dungeon.

Now I am close to the end of the game again. I have seen some dialogue which suggests that the key (to Shaper Monarch's black cell) is in Northforge.

However, once I get into Northforge, I suspect that I'll get wrapped up in finishing the game and skip the key. If I want to find that key, go back to Shaper Monarch's place, and open that cell, I suspect I'll have to delay the ordinary scripted quests.

Will I get a choice to delay them, or will I have to dodge Greta as she comes up and triggers the game-ending events? Will it make a difference if I come across from the west, going through the power station, rather than coming down from the north, going through the front door?

Thanks.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
You will be able to go find out what is behind Monarch's Black Door at your leisure until you trigger the final showdown, which you cannot do until after fulfilling the quests in Northforge.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Actually until you talk to the drakons at the far end of the Inner Shaping Hall after doing Northforge Citadel you can go anywhere you want. So you can wander in there to stock up on essence pods and restoration spores if you need them. The game is a little flawed in that you can wander around after starting on the "disturbance" when you should have no spare time.