Khryk's Door

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Khryk's Door
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #0
How do you get inside it?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
Look for a hidden lever somewhere nearby. Jeff liked playing this "Find the Lever" trick a lot in this game.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shock Trooper
Member # 1417
Profile #2
I couldn't find a way in there also. There were two other doors, in the breeding pits SE, Matala's NE, I couldn't find a way through either.
I thought that Kryk's door might reference something in the next Geneforge. Remember the ancient civilization in Geneforge 1? I keep waiting for them to make another appearance.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
They already have, they are the Shapers.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #4
All of the doors mentioned here can be opened. The Breeding Pits door is opened by a lever hidden behind the north wall of the building. Move your cursor over the area to light it up.

Kill Matala for the key to the doors in Matala's Workshop. Note I didn't imply this is easy.

Khyryk's door lever is hidden behind a nearby pillar.

-S-

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
After you kill Matala for the key, you can access the chamber and there is another pillar hidden lever for the last room in that zone.

Jeff really, really, really loves to hide things behind pillars and other obstacles. I found some chests and bodies by accident moving the cursor.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1417
Profile #6
Thanks all. I must be blind to have missed so many levers. Now for the treat (I hope) of going back and seeing what's behind those doors.

In the original Geneforge, was it said that the ancient civilization were the Shapers ancestors? I don't remember off hand.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
There are hints like an artila drawn on a temple pillar and such. If you talk to the ghost in the ancient temple you find out that Shaping started on Sucia Island and led to their destruction.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #8
Don't feel bad about missing the hidden levers. I played my first two or three beta runs through Khyryk's cave without realizing that door south of him was openable, which confused me, because the scratching sound made it clear that we were meant to be curious and try to get in there.

-S-

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1417
Profile #9
Ah, the pillars were good. Looks like a little trash pile on the floor behind them. Still, I was checking along the walls so I never would have got it on my own. In the breeding pits I was sure I checked there but I guess not. I should have used a lantern maybe. That is one very dark place.
This would have been the second game that I missed them as I was just about to finish up. I would have gone on thinking that Jeff put these unopenable rooms in the game just to torment me and everyone else who hates unopenable rooms. But he didn't and I regret cursing him repeatedly. For the rooms anyway.
Thanks to you guys for straightening me out and making a great game even more enjoyable.