Glitch in the Fens

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Glitch in the Fens
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #0
While playing through chapter three, I encountered a rather odd set of events. I'd just made it to the rebel camp and gotten the available quests. Being a friendly town, it was immediately cleared on my map. However, when I left using exitzone (as has become my standard means of leaving friendly areas), I found that the area to the north had become availalbe for travel, despite the fact that I hadn't finished off Monarch yet. Being naturally curious, I explored Burwood for a while. And that's where the weirdness started.

Upon returning to the fens to finish up the Monarch quest, I found that General Crowley was convinced I'd not only attempted the mission, but botched heroically. All he'd tell me was that I was free to go north to Burwood, but only because I'd assisted Moseh earlier. Greta, on the other hand, still wanted me to take care of Monarch for her. However, she was also really upset that I hadn't returned with the Shaper Papers. As I hadn't recieved that quest at this point, I had no idea what she was talking about.

Despite all that, I went ahead and did all the Monarch-related stuff - killed him, his friends, rescued the captive shaper, etc. One thing I immediately noticed was that I didn't find the papers anywhere. I still have no idea where to find them. Anyway, when returning to collect my rewards, I had more oddness. The only reward I was able get from the shapers was for finding Miranda's scout. She had no dialogue regarding Khyrk (sic?) or Monarch. Crowley still wouldn't acknowledge that I'd actually done what he wanted, so nothing there. From the rebels, I got Greta's reward for Khyrk, and a congratulations regarding Monarch. However, she was also quite angry about the papers, which prompted me to return to Monarch's lair and turn it upside-down.

Which is where I'm at now. I'd like to find the papers and finish this damn quest, but I'd also just like to move on with the game. Any suggestions?

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Well, since you cheated and then did a bunch of things you should not have done, I doubt there is any way to save this. Go back to an earlier save file.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #2
I, too, had difficulty finding the papers. They are in a container near Monarch's personal quarters. You couldn't open it before you killed him, because it had some sort of ward.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #3
Try the following (I'm not sure if this will do anything):

Enter shift-D to bring up the cheat dialog.
sdf 100 1 4
sdf 42 13 1

Then enter the shaper camp. Let me know if it works!

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
This is the problem with cheat codes. They change flags in the game and the flags determine the dialog options.
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #5
I finally found the papers. My problem was in overlooking the alcove they're kept in. I returned them to Greta, and that was that.

It seems that only the Shaper half of this chapter is directly affected by cheating in this way.

[Edit] Typo.

[ Sunday, December 10, 2006 16:37: Message edited by: I Am Damo Suzuki ]

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #6
Did you try the sdf cheats I mentioned?

--------------------