A few exploits

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A few exploits
Apprentice
Member # 14281
Profile #0
Just wanted to share a few useful exploits that I have not seen mentioned on these forums. Both require some cheating. One needs the character editor, and the other the trainer that has the 99 item option.

With the character editor...if you level up your party without any traits they gain XP with no penalty. Later, add the traits you'd like, and they gain the bonus skills retroactively. Pretty cool, but a major cheat. Essentially this acts as a XP modifier cheat...something I have not seen any of the trainers allow to be altered.

The 2nd exploit is much more useful in that I think it can be used to make the game more fun without imbalancing the game. It removes encumberance from the game. What you do is...give each player 675 stone blocks using the 99 item cheat. Really you could use any stackable item to do this...I just worked out the ideal # with stone blocks as that was what was lying around when I thought this up. It pushes your weight carried into - numbers. Not any - works though. with 675 it puts you at just about the perfect useful weight, which is ~ -3100 lbs. I found that under -3200ish and you still lost most of your action points. I didn't quibble too much finding the exact AP loss weight...-3100 seemed really great to me. Enjoy.

[ Monday, March 03, 2008 04:07: Message edited by: Euphoria ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #1
You forgot the uber1337 exploit..when you put a weapon in the Quick Item Use slots..you get them bonuses the weapon have..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Apprentice
Member # 14281
Profile #2
No, I didn't forget that one. I was posting exploits that I have not seen mentioned in any other thread so far. The quick item slot exploit has been discussed.

EDIT: To respond, again, to the post above and now below this one...why are you bringing up something that has been discussed when I clearly state in the 1st sentence of this thread that the point of this thread is for exploits that I have NOT seen discussed? Please read the post, and stay on topic. Have any handy NEW exploits or tricks to talk about? If so, share, if not, don't fill the thread up with the same ole' same ole'. Post in the thread about THAT exploit.

[ Monday, March 03, 2008 04:10: Message edited by: Euphoria ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #3
And that one was the best..it took singleton-ing to a whole new level..

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #4
Well, I was in Formello and I wanted to have some fun with the Shade. I stepped just in range of the shade and started firing arrows at it. For some reason, it didn't chase me at all; it just stood there. It still healed itself though.

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Apprentice
Member # 14281
Profile #5
Quote Azuma: "And that one was the best..it took singleton-ing to a whole new level.."

For the record, if you are exploiting or cheating that is far from the best one. Here is one, using the quick slot items slots that OWNS, hands down, no argument putting extra weapons in those slots for attribute bonuses. Get/give yourself inferno, diamond, death, and alacrity wands. Use 99 item cheat to give them 99 charges. Put them in the quick slots. On torment you will destroy anything you run into VERY quickly. Few fights make it past the 1st round, and usually when they do go beyond round 1 it is because the game won't let the enemy die right off. A much more potent use of the quick slots...if you haven't tried it, do so...you will be amazed.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I think there's some difference between an exploit in the engine's setup, like getting bonuses from items that aren't really being wielded, and cheating, which is doing something that definitely should not be done.

—Alorael, who doesn't think either one is better and would hate to have to draw that line. He just thinks there is a difference.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #7
You mean, if I put say a Shielding Knife in a quickslot while using a Bonding Knife I'd get 8+ to Defence (I think thats right) 1- to all primary statistics and 5+ to Endurance. Not sure I got all the item stats right, but you get the general idea.

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #8
Yeah..it's pretty fun..

--------------------