Testing Grounds #2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Testing Grounds #2
Apprentice
Member # 12668
Profile #0
This is my first play through of Avernum 4, and I realized that I've skipped the testing grounds. I seem to be stuck on the second one, north of formello. It says i have not suffered enough damage and did not complete the task. How exactly do you pass the test?

--------------------
Don't mess with Texas.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #1
You musnt attack it.Just let it beat you until it gives up.Eventually if you DONT fight, you dont die and enough time passes you will succed.

--------------------
Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
It's buff and heal. It helps if you also use cold resistance items. Move the highest health characters up to pin the testing shade away from the weaker spell casters.

This test is probably the hardest since you want to fight and have to just sit there and take it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You need to take enough damage every round that you'll accumulate enough (invulnerability the whole time doesn't work), but not so much that you can't stay healed and alive. It's easiest to send in a single character to receive a beating and leave your priest(s) hanging back to cast healing spells as necessary.

—Alorael, who definitely thinks this test isn't made for parties at a reasonable strength for when they first encounter it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #4
Thats odd, I came through there first as an all-mage/priest party and brought it down to low health in a barrage of fireballs. The script activated and I was told I won.

--------------------
"Fear that which mortality has rejected" -Galvin Magnus
Apprentice
Member # 12668
Profile #5
I've gone quite aways. I'm working west of remote right now, so health is not a problem. But I did beat the crap out of it, so ill just sit tight this time. Use the heal all every once in a while. Thank you for the help.

--------------------
Don't mess with Texas.
Apprentice
Member # 12668
Profile #6
Ok, I think i know what went wrong.

You have to take so much damage, and with my characters at such high resistances, they weren't being hurt at all. I tri ed making it only attack my mage by attacking it, and it still failed, but when i took off all the armor and tried it again, I got alot more damage on me and it said i passed it.

--------------------
Don't mess with Texas.