Anyone find Avernum 4 not as good as 1-3?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Anyone find Avernum 4 not as good as 1-3?
Apprentice
Member # 10304
Profile #25
Buy a mac and use bootcamp for any windows software you need to use. Among other advantages (macs are much more reliable, better for graphics and well, just nice) you'll get to play new SW games faster ;>

What's the point of having a PC today if you can run both OS X and Windows on a mac? It is a fact that PC's are cheaper, but macs are a better long-term investment. Couple of years ago, I bought myself a PPC mac mini, and my friend bought a Athlon. I'm using the mini today, with no problems at all, the only downside is that I won't be able to run graphic-intensive games like Doom 3 (and seriously, I don't give a damn about it :D ). My friend's Athlon on the other hand had broken down about three times during this period. He had to purchase a new motherboard, a graphics card and a new hard drive. He spent more money than I did overall, and he's constantly frustrated because something doesn't want to work, or he's experiencing strange and critical errors of all sorts.

Sorry for the OT, this post may be deleted if it'll be deemed necessary to do so.
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #26
Different strokes for different folks. I'm a Mac FANATIC for sure, but whatever works. Lotta folks like tinker this tinker that, not the platform for them. I know people that thrive on having problems with their frankenputers. I think they have a genetic irregularity that causes them to die if they don't have something to fix on their computer. I'd hate to see them wither away from lack of sustenance.

I'll tell you to get a Mac day in day out but XP with the latest patches, firefox, and AVG is generally pretty solid. Vista....that's a different story, BANE of my work existence.

As for reliability, 9 times out of 10 I'll agree but every so often you get a model that has some sort of inherent issue. I've seen a batch of Macs come in with say bad ram, and a batch of HPs come in with bad hard drives. In general I think apple tends to use higher quality components than the big box PC manufactures, however users building their own machine or getting a bit higher end windows box tend to purchase similar quality components.

In closing, I'm a Mac FANATIC, but no Mac Bigot. I'm down with whatever. However, if you call me after hours with your Windows problems @ home, I direct you to apple.com

I thank you Jeff for filling my Mac's voracious appetite for quality software. 20" imacs get HUNGRY.

[ Thursday, November 29, 2007 06:25: Message edited by: macdude22 ]

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #27
Ok..Mac VS Windows is now over..we don't want to hurt innocent, fluffy kittens now, do we?

[ Thursday, November 29, 2007 07:00: Message edited by: Azuma ]

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Apprentice
Member # 12214
Profile #28
What bugged me the most in A4 was getting weighed down cleaning out dungeons. It could take 4 trips just to do it. Avernum 5 is better on that count, though. It only seems to count encumbrance based on what you have equipped. Even the weakest guys can haul out a motherload of stuff.

Pages