Secret Treasure on Slith Island

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Secret Treasure on Slith Island
Apprentice
Member # 6571
Profile #0
I know how to find it but at the time was nowhere near strong enough to get past the guards. I was thinking about returning there but wont bother if the item they are guarding is useless anyway. Please could someone tell me what it is or what it does, or is it worth waiting to be surprised?
Apprentice
Member # 6548
Profile #1
it's worth it ;)
oh, and you can always haste your party, get it and flee ;)
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
It's probably one of the best pieces of armor in the game if you are interested. It is worth getting, but it is quite tough. You may want to clear out everything in the Eastern Gallery first and make sure your fighters have over 100 HP, otherwise it will be VERY difficult to win.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #3
what is the armor called?

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6571
Profile #4
It's called the emerald chestguard and although i wont spoil it by telling you what it does, it is worth 5000 gold so that should give some indication of just how good it is. :)
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

Play the game and find out. These pointless questions are getting quite annoying.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5900
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

I wonder what's about this game that makes him read all these topics (and post on them) but STILL isn't enough to make him bloody register it.

RAmpaGE.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #7
Arghhhhhhhhh is probably amassing all this information for his walkthrough.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5686
Profile #8
I got the emerald chestguard, but I don't remember a tough fight for it.... It was quite a bit back, too.

It is definitely worth getting btw...
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #9
They say we sometimes block out from memory traumatic events from our past.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
I recognize the emerald chestguard from G2. I predict it does the same thing, but I can't guarantee it.

PS How many emeralds does it take to make an emerald chestguard?

Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
Is this a rhetorical question, like "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" - or - "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

What makes the Emerald Chestguard absolutely Sick in its merits, apart from its healthy various stat benefits, is the fact that it is 100% non-encumbering. This is ideal for a magician who can't otherwise wear heavy armor, but it does great on a fighter with a lot of other encumbrance too.

For this reason, though there is armor with better various stats in other ways, the Emerald Chestguard is, hands down, the best armor in the game, in my opinion.

[ Sunday, December 25, 2005 19:11: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
It also gets artifact armor treatment from the hint book, although it's a far cry from a Pachtar's Plate quest.

—Alorael, who will reveal that it actually takes no emeralds to make an Emerald Chestguard. The thing is just named after the shade of paint used in the armor's finish.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #13
Seattle, where I live, and where Jeff lives, is nicknamed "The Emerald City".

This has been worthless trivia factoid #427c.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

What makes the Emerald Chestguard absolutely Sick in its merits, apart from its healthy various stat benefits, is the fact that it is 100% non-encumbering. This is ideal for a magician who can't otherwise wear heavy armor, but it does great on a fighter with a lot of other encumbrance too.

For this reason, though there is armor with better various stats in other ways, the Emerald Chestguard is, hands down, the best armor in the game, in my opinion.

Trouble is, it still weighs 20 pounds. It's entirely possible for a spellcaster to have only 50 pounds carrying capacity due to strength penalties from items, and the total of your equipment alone can easily weigh more than that, leaving you encumbered.

I eventually sold the Emerald Chestguard, since my fighter had Mercuric Plate and my spellcasters had their Enchanter's Robes.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!