Avernum 4 Editor Help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 4 Editor Help
Apprentice
Member # 8861
Profile #0
How do I use the Avernum 4 Editor?I'm new so I don't really know how to use things.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Back up the game. The editor works by replacing an existing script in the script file of the game with a modified one. When you now play the game and talk to the cook in Fort Monastary's kitchen, there should be extra dialog options that will allow you to improve your characters.

Be sure to back up your existing game and saved game files. Sometimes it doesn't work and you don't want to have to start all over downloading the game.
Apprentice
Member # 8861
Profile #2
Like copying the program files into a new Compressed Zip file?I know how to do that,but what script file and what folder is it in?I found the Data Files and copied them into the Backup folder (zip folder),then it said "Zip folder invalid or corrupt."Does it mean that I have to put it in a regular folder instead of a zipped one?Luckly I copied them insted of cutting them out, ;) .I have 3 saved games,the first with only 5 icons that say,data,header,items,journal,and temp,the rest of the 2 files contain the same thing I listed.My best saved game file is Save2 because I remember that second saved file,so does Save0 equal the very first saved game and ect?Like I can copy the editor multiple times into each saved game?I'm thinking of putting it in Save1 though just to test it because it's my worst saved game file.And I need to know how to work the editor in the game.

[ Sunday, June 03, 2007 08:18: Message edited by: Melzar Evil Maltazard ]
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #3
No, wait;

You download the zipped file linked to at the top of this forum.
You unzip that file, and you should find a couple of files, one of them being a short instruction manual, and one of them being the file you need.

In your Avernum 4 directory there is a directory called "Avernum 4 Files." Inside that directory there is a directory called "Scripts." There you will find over 400 files, and one of those files has a name that is exactly the same as the file you will find inside the zip archive you just downloaded.

Now you replace the one in the scripts directory, with the one from the download.

From my experience, it doesn't work with existing saves, only with new games.

[ Sunday, June 03, 2007 09:01: Message edited by: SevenMass ]

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
Apprentice
Member # 8861
Profile #4
What's the name of the instruction manual?I only have a notepad icon,some weird looking icon, and a folder including another notepad icon with a different name from the first notepad icon you see.So what your saying is go to the script file and try to find the same file names as the ones in the zipped file?The weird icon's name is :_MASOSX and the folder's name is :_MASOSX .What do I do with the scripts that match the name of the names in the zipped folder?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
I'm not quite sure what you're downloading, but when I click the link in the forum header all I get is a file called z60monasterdlg.txt. Replace the file by the same name in the Scripts folder in the Avernum 4 Files folder with the file you've downloaded. You get to the editor, such as it is, by talking to the cook in Fort Monastery. You'll need to either start a new game or wander far enough away from Fort Monastery to force the scripts to reload.

—Alorael, who thinks you may be looking at another editor. Where are you getting it?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8861
Profile #6
From the front page of the Avernum 4 forum.It says A4 Editor.You know?Made by Hawk King?There's a link in the Avernum 4 Forum saying A4 Editor!
Quote:"Also, for your editing desires, Hawk King has made an A4 Editor. Be sure to **BACK UP YOUR FILES** before use. Access point: the cook in Fort Monastery. "
Avernum 4 Editor

[ Sunday, June 03, 2007 15:28: Message edited by: Melzar Evil Maltazard ]
Apprentice
Member # 8861
Profile #7
The script in the MOSASX folder or the script outside the folder?The one in the folder is named ,z60monasterdlg and the one outside is,z60monasterdlg too.They both have the same scripts!So,I guess the other is like a back-up script I suggest?And how do I look through 400 scripts of data to find the same folder!Ooh nevermind I think I found out. :P I FOUND IT!!The one from the download has a very short script and the original from the Data File has loads of script in it.Ok how do I replaced the file?Delete it?Add on to it?What?Please reply quickly before I have to close the file(s).

[ Sunday, June 03, 2007 15:48: Message edited by: Melzar Evil Maltazard ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
The script you downloaded should actually be longer than the original, as it contains all of the scripts of the original plus the editor. Delete the original script and the extraneous backup, then stick the downloaded editor script in the appropriate folder.

—Alorael, who should maybe turn this over to a PC user. It sounds like the folders aren't quite the same.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Ignore anything named MASOSX and anything in a folder named MASOSX. You want the first z60monasterdlg you come across.

Pull the original z60monasterdlg out of the Scripts folder and move it without modifying it somewhere (Dikiyoba suggests putting it in the main Avernum 4 folder) and move the z60monasterdlg you just downloaded into the Scripts folder.
Apprentice
Member # 8861
Profile #10
Ahhh oook.For some reason over night the first notepad I see has more script now :confused: .Ok,I'll report here when I successfully moved the files.I successfully moved the original file out of the Scripts file and moved the downloaded one to the Scripts file. :D :D :D :D Now to make sure the game works properly as it is...OH MY GOD!!!OH MY GOD!!!I LOVE THIS EDITOR!!!(meaning that it works :D )

[ Monday, June 04, 2007 06:31: Message edited by: Melzar Evil Maltazard ]