Tower Colony hidden spaces

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Tower Colony hidden spaces
Apprentice
Member # 7813
Profile #0
Upstairs: I cannot get past the rubble to see the hidden spaces. And the gate is shut. Is there a way to open the gate?

Also two locked doors upstairs. Can't open them.

My characters are mostly level 34.

Suggestions?

--------------------
Our guide to the future: knowing and understanding history
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
You really just can't get to those. And the locked doors don't hold anything worth the effort it takes to open them (assuming you're talking about doors in the tower proper).

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 7813
Profile #2
OK, it is good to learn which spaces are not viewable (not worth the trouble or just not viewable). Thanks for your post.

However, the two locked doors upstairs from X's room: are they ever openable?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
I think that you can open one, but I don't think there is anything special up there.
Apprentice
Member # 7813
Profile #4
Again, thanks for the response.

It makes me wonder, though -- Jeff, why have two doors that are so high a level they cannot normally be opened and yet nothing there is worth having?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #5
Jeff has a perverse sense of humor like that.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
I don't know about perverse humor... I like to do the same sort of thing in my Blades stuff now. I feel like it makes the game world more real if there are a couple of things that the party just can't do.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
It's Jeff's quick way of saying that you're not suppose to go there. Nethergate: Resurrection has a difficulty 200 door to get around all the people that figured out how to make a character that can open difficulty 90 doors (There's an empty room like that in the Castle).

[ Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:40: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
Is it possible to get past that 90 strength door without cheating, though? By my math, you'd need 30 Tool Use and 80 points between the three spell skills and Unlock Doors. I don't think that's achievable even if you don't put a single skill point elsewhere.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7813
Profile #9
Another reason worth mentioning, I think, is: trying to open doors or boxes involves not only "power" but strategy. I just opened three boxes in a room after killing a demon (in Castle upstairs, as I recall) and found three bad results: one box contained a trap that alerted all the Castle residents to attack my group; another contained poison; the third contained a rain of fire.

Had to fight and kill a demon to get dumped on. Fortunately, I had learned enough strategy by this time that I simply reverted to the save made just prior and thus escaped all injury.

Jeff is teaching us all to learn strategies for survival. (At least in Avernum 4 and other such games.)

--------------------
Our guide to the future: knowing and understanding history
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
I'm pretty sure I saw a calculation on how to open a difficulty 90 door with a normal mage/thief character last year. It was buried in a thread so I'm not going to trust the search function to find it again.