Traps warning reset

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Traps warning reset
Apprentice
Member # 6618
Profile #0
I wonder if there is some way to reset the traps warning message? If you try to open something trapped and you cannot - you are told so. But if you want to try later with better tools skill, the game assumes you want to open it anyway and you risk stuppidly dying. I don't know if your higher tool skill even gets checked. When (if ever) the warning message is back on a trapped chest?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I don't think the warning ever resets. Yes, it's a pain.

—Alorael, who now saves before clicking chests in areas he's already visited. Better safe than losing five hours of progress.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
It does reset, but you have to walk a long ways away from the chest/trap to reset it. And by long, I mean halfway across Avernum.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Apprentice
Member # 6618
Profile #3
This is a major pain in the ass for a party without too much tool use. The first time I tried the game, I died beneath Fort Monastery after I opened the "authorized only" equipment chest. It warned me that I cannot disarm the trap and then I assigned a few more points to the tool skill and tried again. I was so pissed off when the trap killed my party, that I abandoned the game for 6 months.

I thought that a game with trap system so foolish cannot be too good. I know now that the Avernum 4 is fun to play, but even so the author should seriously consider making another trap try/open system.
Apprentice
Member # 6618
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

It does reset, but you have to walk a long ways away from the chest/trap to reset it. And by long, I mean halfway across Avernum.
Is the distance that makes the open doors to close enough or it is even more?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
Yeah, that should do it.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Apprentice
Member # 6618
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Yeah, that should do it.
Yes, that did the trick. Just look the doors and no problems with the traps. 10x!