Avernum 4 for Macintosh, v1.1 Beta, Universal!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 4 for Macintosh, v1.1 Beta, Universal!
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
I have put together a public beta of the new version of Avernum 4 for Macintosh. It is now Universal, and it should do a much better job of switching resolutions on widescreen monitors. It requires OS X 10.1.

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/temp/Avernum4.demo.v11.dmg

Feel free to try it out. If you have any problems, please drop me a note at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com. It seems solid, but we'll be giving it a bit more testing before it becomes the official release.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
It appears to work great on my MacBook Pro. Out of curiosity, how soon until universal versions of the trilogy and BoA come out? The Rosetta updates in 10.4.8 have made them all but unplayable. How pathetic is it that BoA runs better under emulated Windows than Rosetta? :P

[ Tuesday, November 28, 2006 14:04: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #2
On my Intel Mac running 10.4.8, all of those games run just fine under Rosetta except Blades of Avernum, which is a bit pokey. I'm undecided about what to do yet. I need to find out how many people have problems and if Apple makes anything better in their next OS update.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Oh! Oh! Idea! If you're already going to work on the code for BoA, you could do a small set of bug fixes, too. We've had bug topics ongoing for a while, and it wouldn't be too hard for us to cobble together an updated list for you.

Even if only a few things here and there could be fixed, it would be much appreciated.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
It appears to install and run fine on my iBook G4 using OS 10.3.5. However in the list of drives on the left side of the finder window its image was listed as Geneforge 4 - Rebellion.

I'm sending you an email with a screenshot so you can see exactly what I mean.

[ Tuesday, November 28, 2006 21:46: Message edited by: Randomizer ]