Almaria

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Almaria
Warrior
Member # 2711
Profile #0
So anyway I just killed almaria's shade, but found out the people are still hostile towards me. I remember killing some of the archers that shot at me (well hey they started it!). How can I get them to love me again?
Posts: 126 | Registered: Wednesday, February 26 2003 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
Travel back in time, and this time round don't attack the archers.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Well, you can always use the character ed... wait.

There's a cheat code for this, isn't there?

EDIT: Try pressing shift+D to bring up the cheat code box and then typing pleaselikeme.

[ Monday, June 19, 2006 10:08: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
By the way, what version of the game are you playing? Older versions had a bug which allowed you to skip the part of the plot that made Almaria friendly, by getting the Crystal Box before receiving permission to pass through Fort Emerald. If you triggered this bug, you can still finish the game, but Almaria will remain hostile forever.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 671
Profile Homepage #4
I killed many of the almarian archers through the windows in the outer walls of the town while it was hostile, but I was still able to turn the town friendly through the course of events.

I'm not sure what I may have done differently than you. I avoided killing any NPC that had a unique name.
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

By the way, what version of the game are you playing? Older versions had a bug which allowed you to skip the part of the plot that made Almaria friendly, by getting the Crystal Box before receiving permission to pass through Fort Emerald. If you triggered this bug, you can still finish the game, but Almaria will remain hostile forever.
Hmmm. I could be wrong, but it seems like I found another route North of Fort Emerald (after I patched to v1.0.1) and got the box BEFORE meeting Houghton at The Castle and when I got there he was killed off before some quest dealing with Almaria. Does anyone else remember another route North of Ft. E. with v 1.0.1? I remember just traveling around where ever my sword led and found myself up there somehow. This wasn't a bug, I just hadn't talked to Houghton before wandering.

[ Saturday, July 01, 2006 23:31: Message edited by: Micro Phage ]

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Giant from that dist..."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
The fact that you can get north of Fort Emerald without permission from Houghton is the bug. There used to be two ways to do it: by casting Dispel Barrier on the barriers in Fort Emerald, and by the gate in the bandit outpost north of Fort Saffron. Both have been fixed in the most recent version, but if you've already triggered the bug by taking the crystal box then there's nothing you can do about it. You'll just have to finish the game with Almaria still hostile.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!