Afraid of consequeses(SP?)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Afraid of consequeses(SP?)
Apprentice
Member # 7186
Profile #0
So, after I finished the athrox lair quest for sleater I thought it would be fun to off the stupid cranky hermit. And I did so. Upon killing him I noticed he dropped a robe of the magi - very nice loot. Could anyone inform me wether or not this cripples my gaming experience somehow - do I need sleater anymore to progress in the game?

Spoilers:

Woohoo, I found out that killing random friendly & lonely npc's can give way better loot than you would normally be able to get. The woman guard in the hut near fort monastery, the one who's dialogue options have the choice of saying "A nice spear you got" .. guess what, she drops a steel spear upon dying - and she's quite easy to kill.

[ Thursday, June 01, 2006 07:10: Message edited by: yahoo ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #1
If Sleater is the hermit in the Honeycomb, and you haven't already destoryed the Undead plaguing Mertis, then you might have a problem. It's not game-breaking though, and you will still be able to defeat the undead, as well as do all the other wondrous things Avernite adventurers get up to.

In short, Sleater CAN make things easier for you. But he isn't an imperative part of the game.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
If Sleater has already "blessed" you so you can more easily attack undead, then it doesn't make much difference. You did get his experience reward for telling him that the way was clear?

There are some people that you shouldn't kill until you are sure that you got everything from them. There was an earlier thread where the portal mage below Fort Avernum was killed so the endgame couldn't be reached.

Most NPCs are killable with no real consequences.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
As we've learned, don't kill the mage in the lower level of Fort Avernum. You could have problems. :P

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00