Saving The Quest Rewards

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Saving The Quest Rewards
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #0
So higher levels characters get less to no XP for killing things of lower level. But the XP from quest rewards is the same.

I wonder, would it be worth it to save up quest XP for as long as possible (exept where you need to talk to the quest reward giver to advance at all)
Becouse your characters remain a lower level, they get XP for killing things for a longer time.

Would you end up with more XP this way?

[ Sunday, April 30, 2006 13:17: Message edited by: SevenMass ]

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Seems a little pointless to me. You'd be keeping yourself behind by quite a bit of XP throughout most of the game just to be slightly ahead at the end, and the endgame isn't that hard anyway.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
The theory is sound, but it would be so dull to do this. Just like in Geneforge 2 saving up all the spell books and canisters until after you've met the trainer. Borrrrr-ing. Chances are, you'll just forget to go back anyhow.

EDIT: The word is "save", not "safe", by the way.

[ Sunday, April 30, 2006 07:11: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Originally by Micawber:

quote:
Just like in Geneforge 2 saving up all the spell books and canisters until after you've met the trainer. Borrrrr-ing.
I actually have fun with that. But then again, I make it part of my character's personality, rather than just a pure gaming tactic.

Dikiyoba thinks that holding off on quests isn't worth it, since some quests won't be given to the party until previous quests are completed.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Just like in Geneforge 2 saving up all the spell books and canisters until after you've met the trainer
How else am I going to get those lvl 3 creations? You can't train to lvl 3 in Geneforge 2.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You get less expeience for doing quest rewards later. It's not as bad as for monsters, but postponing it isn't worth it. Jeff mentioned it in a post.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Mu:

How else am I going to get those lvl 3 creations? You can't train to lvl 3 in Geneforge 2.
Nor in any recent game. However most level 3 creations aren't worth the extra essence cost.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4