The Best Weapons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Best Weapons
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #25
Yeah, as far as item values have gone for the Avernum series, getting extra AP is one of the most expensive abilities. Thus, it makes sense that a +1 AP item with no drawback would be way more expensive than something that just offered some cheap Quick Action points.

That said, if the Assassin's Shield gave Quick Strike points, the value would be greater, but still not as high as the Bulwark's guaranteed extra AP.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #26
When I played through a second time in torment, I found the shockwave bow by far the most useful weapon since it disabled the villans by stunning them, making it impossible for them to hit back while the rest of the party hacked away. And you don't need much archery skill to use it.

If spiderweb is going to rebalance the game in the future, I would recommend making the shockwave bow a little less effective.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Wanderer:

When I played through a second time in torment, I found the shockwave bow by far the most useful weapon since it disabled the villans by stunning them, making it impossible for them to hit back while the rest of the party hacked away. And you don't need much archery skill to use it.

If spiderweb is going to rebalance the game in the future, I would recommend making the shockwave bow a little less effective.

Yes, but the bow itself did minimal damage, and late-game the enemies never get stunned, so it doesn't matter.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)

Pages