Demonslayer and Sentinels

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Demonslayer and Sentinels
Apprentice
Member # 7058
Profile #0
Does anyone know how to stop the machine from spitting out those Sentinels? it's pissing me off so much. I went and tried to turn the machine off but it said that it made a loud noise, a I didn't have any luck in turning that damned thing off!!!

I read the FAQ and all it said was to turn it off. well, it doesn't work. This is the most frustrating part of the game so far. I was cruising along just fine before this.

Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You need a living party member with fairly high Tool Use to turn it off. If you have no such party member, you'll just have to live with the golems.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7058
Profile #2
geezz... it's almost impossible to fight the golems without spending hours and hours on it. This sucks. I barely move 5 steps and I can have up to 4 golems surrounding me. I had haste and everything too.

How high of a tool use do i need? Has anyone gotten around this?

by the way, do i turn all the controls on or off? for the SE and NW switches?
Apprentice
Member # 7058
Profile #3
Ok, I finally got it. For all those people that are curious, you need at least tool use of 12 to turn the switch off.

I loaded my character up with those wisdom stones and a tinker's bauble and i got it to turn off when i upgraded my tool use to 12.

Thanks for the tip.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #4
...And you need 16 tool use to turn off one of the machines in Rentar's second keep.

By the way, you don't really need Demonslayer if you use Pole Weapons. And even if you use Melee Weapons, it shouldn't be too useful. Although I suppose it could help when fighting Rentar, since she's vulnerable to Repel Spirit and all that demon/undead-killer stuff.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
You can always stick Demonslayer on your mage just for the resistances it gives.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
If you stay in combat mode while exploring, the golems don't cluster nearly as thickly.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #7
I just visited Patrick's tower and they sent me down the tunnels to kill the tall Lord demon. My question is, should I wait to have the demonslayer blade or kill him now? I tried melee attacks and they barely did more than 10 hp :(

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Well, you can't get Demonslayer until you've killed him, so you'll just have to find a way.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #9
Thanks, I read the FAQ and found I had to kill the allies first and then the demon was not really difficult. I found 2 more though, one that changes and another blue one in the east which I decided to kill later, is that blue one tough?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 961
Profile #10
You need to get to the control room in the NW corner first..then throw all the switches, then you need to move to the SE corner and throw all those switches.

--Zelda

--------------------
Hey, where are we going? And what's with the handbasket?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
Uh, I think he was still asking about the demons in Patrick's Tower.

None of them are all that tough if you're a good player. Just kill them now to save yourself the trouble later.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #12
Well, the one with the four pylons is a little bit tougher than the others. So I would suggest exploring the great cave, buying the endurance in dharmon & fighting the bandits in Fort Saffron before taking on that particular demon. The fight isn't that tough but it is a step up from Bhoralon (the quest demon).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #13
Thank you! I noticed I was doing things I was *not supposed* because when I touched the pylon in Patrick's There are still like 3 destination slots above it. Actually, I did the castle, the cemetery quest and fort emeral but haven't visited the towns NW (Blosk and the other one). I got the demonslayer but got rather disappointed for the little damage it inflicts, I will have to try it against a demon though ;-)
I killed the shambler (?) surrounded by 4 pylons -It was tough- and saved one of the demons with 1 pylon I think just to test my new toy.

--------------------