Sudden Big Leap in Difficulty *post-Honeycomb spoiler*

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sudden Big Leap in Difficulty *post-Honeycomb spoiler*
Apprentice
Member # 6888
Profile #0
So I set off the Rentar Ihrno trap and am rather annoyed. It's not that it isn't surviveable - it's just that it's SO much harder than almost anything else so far. I guess I kinda saw it coming, but still...

~Aldin, who already hated pylons _before_ the trap
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
Trust me, those aren't nearly the hardest pylons in the game.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #2
Kill the pylons on the way in. They don't anger the surrounding area.

And copying Alorael's sig is likely to result in a painful death by snipage. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks, Wonko.

Note that you don't have to spring Rentar's trap immediately. You can have a nice jaunt through the Great Cave before tackling pylon nightmares.

—Alorael, who also recommends planning. Killing everything at random is difficult. Killing things in specific orders and in specific ways is much easier. In particular, your range is longer than pylons', and preventing fear makes everything much easier. Just make sure not to let those wyrms get out of control.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Slow and Daze are two of your best bets for controlling the wyrms. Lightning spray is best for crowd control, particularly when followed by a good Daze.

Don't forget to ration out the healing/energizing waters in the basins. They help a lot.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #5
I just hasted one of my characters and let him run back and let the others die. I had already killed the Vahnatai upstairs.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Acid spray the pylons a few times and retreat to deal with the monsters. Area effect spells like icy rain and lightning spray speed up the killing process with the monsters. It takes a few energy potions to finish the trap, but you can fight your way out without killing the vahnatai and pylons on the way in to the trap.
Apprentice
Member # 6888
Profile #7
Hmmm, I just might reload to kill the pylons on the way in, but probably won't - especially knowing that their range is less than mine, which is a nifty fact I wish I'd tumbled to much earlier. Thanks for the support and advice!

~Aldin, who noted in an earlier thread that he has been doing the Alorael sig thing since previous incarnations on other boards and likes Alorael partly because he does it too