Formello's Black Shade of Icy Doom

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Formello's Black Shade of Icy Doom
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #0
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

I can't even think of any way to realistically get the shade down to 0 health before it regenerates back to full health.
Well, I got the shade down to 1 HP without cheating in the demo. Not sure if anybody else had tried it before. Basically, I tricked the Black Shade into entering the Temple. I then hasted the Priestess, who summoned Divine Shades and Vengeful Shades. I hasted those Shades too, and then kept pounding the Shade with repel spirit, bolt of fire, and acid spray. I would have killed were it not for the fact that it is completely unkillable until you get the onyx scepter (its healing spell only restores a limited amount of HP, all you have to do is damage it faster than it can heal). Oh well, at least I know there's a trick to kill it if I ever have problems beating it in the full version.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 08:56: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
Good idea. I'm close to getting the scepter again(I've played once already) and I'll try that once I'm there. :)

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
I just love how there's an actual trait for monsters for "unkillability" in A4...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
I like how Jeff so characteristically used the word "unkillable" in the scripting call instead of "invincible" or "immortal."

I only have the demo, but I was thinking about using the priestess to help attack the shade for laughs. But the shade killed her so quickly that I never even knew that she could summon Divine Shades.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
People have done this before. I think TM did it right after the game came out.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Garrison:

But the shade killed her so quickly that I never even knew that she could summon Divine Shades.
The shade shouldn't be able to kill the priestess in one blow, which should give you enough time to distract it. Still, if it attacks her too quickly, keep casting haste on the priestess and slow on the shade. Haste yourself too. If it still attacks the priestess and she hasn't enough time to summon shades, try sacrificing your warriors. This will give her some more time (and I think she may be able to summon more shades if there are less members in your party).

Kelandon : Thanks for the info. I suspected TM had done it, but I wasn't sure whether he cheated or not.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00