Slith Warrior

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Slith Warrior
Apprentice
Member # 6961
Profile #0
Are they capped out at level 20? I have had the same experience 19775 for a while now. While trying to find demonslayer I have killed quite a few golems and he has got no experience.

:confused:
Apprentice
Member # 2936
Profile #1
quote:
Are they capped out at level 20? I have had the same experience 19775 for a while now
There is no fixed level cap. However, as you characters gain levels, the amount of experience your characters get for each kill is reduced. Eventually, monsters of lower levels will get you no experience.

(Now, if some of your party is getting experience and other's aren't, thats a bug.)
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #2
There is a level cap, it's 55.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #3
There's also a bug where monsters that are generated while you are in combat do not give experience or credit towards First Aid. So if you were thinking of farming those golems...

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
Apprentice
Member # 6961
Profile #4
Yeah I figured out the golems stopped counting for me. Now I have to figure out how to turn the machine off.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Derakon:

There's also a bug where monsters that are generated while you are in combat do not give experience or credit towards First Aid. So if you were thinking of farming those golems...
I doubt this is a bug. It makes much more sense as a precaution against making monsters that summon better instead of worse to fight. If every summoned monster contributed to first aid benefits there would be a strong incentive to keep those summoners alive and churning out hordes.

—Alorael, who would also be tempted to raise First Aid to the point where summoning monsters and then immediately killing them would result in a net gain in energy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
To deal with the golems that keep coming see the old thread about Demonslayer.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #7
It is not a bug. In the scripts summoned monsters are set not to give experience.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
Yeah, they don't want you hanging around a monster generator killing them forever until you are too high level to get any more exp.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #9
There IS a level cap, but it's NOT 55. It's level 60.

It is, however, highly unlikely (and possibly impossible) to get your level anywhere near this high without cheating. Singletons have been around level 45 at the end of the game, IIRC.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #10
I'm already at level 48 and I just entered the abyss.

EDIT: 55 at endgame but I could have kept going if there were more quests. I ended with 5472 xp.

[ Friday, March 31, 2006 04:48: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????