I was wrong...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I was wrong...
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #0
Yeah, I played it a little bit yesterday, and Avernum 4 is actually quite cool. Now, I'm not saying it's better than any game out today that you can buy at Target, but it's a nice game to pass the time and get addicted to. I guess it's like those old retarted shareware games that you find yourself attracted to in an odd way. Anyways, wanted to compliment Jeff on a job well done, as before I dissed the crap out of him for A4.

What I really love about this game is how you can quickly travel to places, and that makes the game incredibly cheap. You can get one of your characters killed in the heat of battle, then return to town quickly, and they'll revive with all of their belongings.

I haven't played much of the game, but I'll give Jeff his props. It's better than the previous Avernums, better than Geneforge, and better than Nethergate. The outdoor system is something he hasn't tried before with Avernum and Exile, but it works. It's like a large dungeon with subdungeons.

So, in all, I rate the game ***/****

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
It seems to me that the PDN of the person who started this topic violates the CoC.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
The PDN could be lived with if the location and sig weren't almost identical as well.

Tyranicus, I'm noticing that you tend to point these sorts of things out first.

In other news today, Dikiyoba's party finally made it to Fort Draco. Hooray! It only took them a week.

[ Monday, March 27, 2006 18:19: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
I'm inclined to agree with Tyranicus. Shaper Lord (currently "Drakey"), change your name.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #4
Lol. Read the COC. It means trying to clone a name, say if I made my screen name clrakefyre. Fine, whine about it some more anyways.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
Shaper Lord has been banned for three weeks. One for the profile, two for being rude in other topics over the past few days.

[ Monday, March 27, 2006 20:01: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00