A quick word of praise

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A quick word of praise
Apprentice
Member # 6885
Profile #0
Hello all...

I just wanted to stop by and let Spiderweb know that I love Avernum 4. I've been playing CRPGs since 1980 (yes I'm an old geezer) and I've played just about every one ever made for the PC (and Commodore 64 and Amiga).

A4 has that special something that makes me want to keep playing. Sure it doesn't have the hottest graphics or sound, but it's got great story and atmosphere. It's by no means a perfect game, but it's a heck of a lot better than a lot of games that are churned out by big name companies.

I love that I can play for 10 minutes or 3 hours and have a great time either way.

I've never played a game by Spiderweb Software, but after reading many good things written all over the web and in some magazines I just had to try one. And I must say that I'm glad I did.

Congrats Spiderweb on creating great games and doing it your way!

narpet

--------------------
May all your hits be crits!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
If you don't mind lower graphics, perhaps you should check out a lot of the user scenarios for Blades of Exile. Some of them are really, really good.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #2
But if you like the A4 graphics better, try Blades of Avernum.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #3
I would not choose BOA over BOE just for graphics, given that the quality is only marginally better. There are many more and better scenarios in BOE (heck, I would buy BOE for Tomorrow and Revenge by themselves).

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.