Best weapon in the demo?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Best weapon in the demo?
Apprentice
Member # 6960
Profile #0
I just started the Avernum 4 demo a few days ago, and I'm about 75% finished, cursing myself as I didn't register my copy earlier in the week since now I may finish the demo before Monday :(

So here's my question: What is the best weapon to be found in the demo? Right now my Slith spearman has an iron spear, my melee fighter an iron broadsword, and my Nephil archer a Yew bow. I just finished the Fort Draco quests and now I'm headed on to Formello.

Will I find anything better before I hit the end of the demo? Have I missed anything cool along the way? My mage has the magic dagger from the Goblin shrine, which is nice for him, but not really what I consider a "best" weapon (read "best" as does most damage!).

[ Saturday, March 25, 2006 07:16: Message edited by: Lucerne Hammer ]

--------------------
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." - Otto Von Bismarck
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
I think you can get the Stunning Blade in the demo. Not sure.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #2
I found that in the demo the Iron Spear works best.

I also noticed that there are not many high-damage dealing weapons in the game. I think Demonslayer deals the highest you can get.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Not at all. I think that honor goes to the Jade Halberd, but there are a number of weapons that can pound Demonslayer into the ground. Demonslayer wins for defensive bonuses, though.

—Alorael, who's even tempted to say the most powerful weapon is a bow. They're rarely parried and there are some very nasty ranged weapons available.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
I stand corrected.

Well Alo, what is the most powerful weapon in the regestered game and where can you find it?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
The weapons after the demo that do better than Demonslayer, like Radiant Soulblade and Seeking Rapier, do so because their bonuses add to damage. Chance of a lethal blow, anatomy, special damage like poison, etc. all add on to the base damage. Demonslayer is great for protection and for hacking away at the few demons in this game. There aren't the large demonic encounters of the earlier games where it truly shone.
Apprentice
Member # 6943
Profile #6
You can find a stunning blade in the demo on a body guarded by many turrets. Oliver in Formello sells a yew longbow which is better than a yew bow.

--------------------
Reality is overrated.

Visit the official Amana site with this URL. www.freewebs.com/Richia4444
Apprentice
Member # 6960
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Air:

You can find a stunning blade in the demo on a body guarded by many turrets. Oliver in Formello sells a yew longbow which is better than a yew bow.
Thanks!

--------------------
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." - Otto Von Bismarck
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #8
The stick deals more damage than a steel broadsword.

For every level of strength+melee+blademaster you get an additional 1-3 for the broadsword or 1-4 with the stick.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #9
You can get a steel spear in the demo, but you will have to murder a neutral NPC for it. I believe his name is Febber and he sits by the river in the section just north of the Slime Tunnels.

[ Saturday, March 25, 2006 14:19: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.