35% xp. bonus

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: 35% xp. bonus
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #0
I decided that I'd go for a real challenge and started a solo game with a 35% xp bonus (human, brittle bones, frail). The game consists of a lot of saving and loading, running back to town every two seconds and the like. I'm playing on easy.
Something I noticed is that, doing every possible quest (looking in the scripts for those that I miss), I'm at level 28 and I'm not done with the Eastern Gallery.
Seeing as this is the level that I ended my first run-through with I have decided to ask the stats guys on the boards if this would be worth it by the time I hit the endgame or if it would just get progressively harder with no end or letting up in sight.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
From my experience with singletons in Torment mode, it isn't worth the effort. You miss out on the bonus special skills that make thing easier later on in the game. Divine touch's free magery for spellcasters and blademaster and sharpshooter for fighters is the best example. The extra levels don't provide enough skill points to even come close to balancing out. The other problem is you get progressively less experience because you are significantly higher than the monsters.

For 30% penalty (human, pure spirit, elite warrior), I got to level 25 by the end of the Eastern Gallery. For 55% penalty (nephil natural mage, divine touch), I got to level 24.

You'll probably finish the Eastern Gallery at level 30. The 30 skill points won't get you the extra levels in casting spells let alone magery, etc. It still will be fun, but it will get harder to train up in everything that you want.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
Also, I don't think anyone has investigated how the disadvantages work. If their hindrances increase with level, the same way the bonuses from advantages do, then you could be in real trouble later on.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6938
Profile #3
I tested sluggish and a few other traits in the past, and they increased, so I figure all hindrances increase as levels are gained.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
Sluggish increased? I didn't see any level-based increase to Fast on Feet when I tested, so that's pretty weird...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You mentioned that you put your game on hold. I was wondering what level your singleton is when you finished the Eastern Gallery. After that point the difference between the various penalties and bonus appears to be almost constant. At most a one level increase that mostly is due to the monsters.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #6
About 100 xp from level 30

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Did you try the blue bowls in Fort Dranlon? The one in the back of the church raises experience. It says that you gain insight.

I've found two more since then.

You are on track to go over character level 52 for the end game.

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 03:08: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #8
Dang, forgot about that, thanks.

If that doesn't push it all the way up, I'll kill till I hit 30.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????