Bows and... arrows?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bows and... arrows?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #0
Hi,

Is it just my lack of patience or you're not supposed to see any arrows in the first part of the game?
I am already trying to deal with the Formello quests. I have come across bows (only cavewood and yew) but haven't seen any arrow at all! why? how?
Thanks.
Marcelo.

[ Monday, March 20, 2006 03:41: Message edited by: Marcelo ]

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #1
There aren't any arrows or actually there is but they are infinite. So you can use your bow without getting any arrows.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #2
Thank you, and sorry for the dumb question :rolleyes:

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Apprentice
Member # 6938
Profile #3
Not really a dumb question.
I was told by a friend before I got the game, otherwise I do not know if I would have figured it out. The past Avernum games had arrows, Geneforge games used up thorns, thrown weapons are still used up, and I can find no documentation mentioning the change (I looked in the Avernum 4 Instructions pdf file, the in-game help, and at the tutorial pop-up windows, but I may have missed the explaination).
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
It's a new change and it throws the bows vs. thrown weapons out of balance. Because of the weight problem, it makes thrown weapons primarily useful for money. Thrown weapons do more damage than most bows except the special bows.

You can save razordisks, fine razordisks, and fine lances for use in special situations like fighting powerful monsters. Hrickis in the demo, Nodicuas in the Eastern Gallery, the shades when you have completed the quest to remove their protections are examples. There the extra damage in the hands of a nephil archer with sharpshooter can be useful and he is likely to have the carrying capacity.

[ Monday, March 20, 2006 15:13: Message edited by: Randomizer ]