Help needed UPDATE

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help needed UPDATE
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #0
I have difficulties with magic barriers. I have no dispel barriers spell and nobody sells piercing crystals. Jenn in Grindstone sells only one but I have used it already, aswell as all of those which I have found elsewhere. Where can I get the DB spell or piercing crystals?

There is door that requires special key west to Formello. What's behind it and how can I get in?

I have finished two testing caves, where is the third? I forgot what the tome said after I killed testing bones and now the tome wont say a word.

[ Monday, March 13, 2006 06:11: Message edited by: avv ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #1
Jenn in Grindstone hides piercing crystals in her cellar. You need Tool Use 10 to disarm the traps guarding them.
Also, if you have cleared out the cave behind the barrier in Grindstone's mine, one of the shades should have dropped some piercing crystals for you to pick up.
Should you have already used all of those, then I don't think you'll find more in the demo. Don't know about the Eastern Gallery.
From what I remember the third testing area is supposed to be somewhere close to Fort Dranlon (though I may have that wrong). One of the shades points to the location before testing starts.

[ Friday, March 10, 2006 22:20: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #2
And you need a special key for that door later.

Search all of the bodies you find in the Eastern Gallery, and do so carefully.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
I believe the locked door is part of the quest you do for the rich man outside of Formello. I don't remember his name or how to trigger the quest.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6801
Profile #4
The man's name is Giscard, he lives west of Formello. You find a letter of him on a body in the eastern caves. This enable you to speak to him and get the quest to clean the storeroom behind this locked door (of course he give you the key).
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
After you get south of the checkpoint in the Nephil Lands, head west to the river and follow it south to fight 3 lizards along the Lizard Shore. One of them is guarding a hidden cache with a piercing crystal.

I think there is a piercing crystal in the lizard pit southeast of Formello. You should be able to get more piercing crystals than you need through out the demo and well into the Eastern Gallery.

[ Saturday, March 11, 2006 17:47: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #6
Is there a way to shut down those golem makers in the place where Daemonslayer is being held?

How can I finish the quest where I'm supposed to kill graverobber Nikka? I have only met him once and then he disappeared and I haven't found him since.

The mage in fort Emerald says he can teach a way to dispel barriers but I need to ask permission from Tower Colony. Does he mean that I need to a get permission from tower colony so that he can train me or Kelner can teach me in tower colony?
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #7
1. Yes. Check the SW.

2. Check the tombs again.

3. Fort Emerald won't teach you, but you can go to the tower colony and still learn the spell.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Schrodinger:

1. Yes. Check the SW.
But the panel near the golem making place does absolutely nothing. And there are two rooms filled with panels but they just open some gates or do nothing.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by avv:

But the panel near the golem making place does absolutely nothing.
Try it again. You should be able to use it to turn the golem-making machinery off.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #10
How can I get past spire fortress? The gates are closed and I haven't found any underground passages.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
You can get past when the plot says you can. It will be obvious. For now, concentrate your attentions on doing Houghton's bidding and the lands west of Fort Remote.

—Alorael, who may have to start keeping a tally of the number of times this question comes up.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #12
How can I get past Bargha gates? Will the whole spire attack me if I kill the Queen? When I have killed the badass dragon in arena, will there be any monsters anymore? The ogre says that there will but none has appeared.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #13
1. There's a secret passage northwest of Bargha.

2. Probably, I suggest logically thinking this through. "Will the city guards attempt to kill me after I kill their queen?"

3. I can't remember, but if you went through the process with the ogre and no more monsters appear, none will.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #14
In tower colony, the room above X's house has many doors that require a special key. Where can I get it?
Apprentice
Member # 6933
Profile Homepage #15
One of those gate leads to Demonslayer. Enter combat mode and cast a few haste spells. Don't leave combat mode until you (and Demonslayer) are next to the stairs leading out.

quote:

But the panel near the golem making place does absolutely nothing. And there are two rooms filled with panels but they just open some gates or do nothing.[/QB]

Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Beegz:

[b]One of those gate leads to Demonslayer. Enter combat mode and cast a few haste spells. Don't leave combat mode until you (and Demonslayer) are next to the stairs leading out.
Thanks for the advice but I have already looted the demonslayer dungeon.
If someone could only asnwer my last question:

quote:

[QB]In tower colony, the room above X's house has many doors that require a special key. Where can I get it?[/b]

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #17
As far as I know, you can't.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #18
I can't remember the thread, but someone did get through those doors and reported small empty rooms. I think it was an old thread having to do with tool use and unlock doors.
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #19
Can I ever finish the "metal for Dawdy quest"?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #20
Ok, now this I know the answer to.

No.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 6857
Profile #21
How can I get into Dorikas lair? There are two places where I get ambushed by archers but gates stay closed. And I killed the wizard-guy who the Battlemaster asks me to kill, if that makes any difference.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #22
Whe you reach the pathway to Rentar's final lair, it will become clear.

[ Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:10: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????