Best way to kill damned slimes!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Best way to kill damned slimes!!
Apprentice
Member # 3741
Profile Homepage #0
Anyone know the best way to kill any and all superhealth slimes, it always takes ages to kill them, even with a magic user hasted and doing 100 dmg (two blasts of lightning) per turn...

[ Monday, January 16, 2006 15:44: Message edited by: Horus ]

--------------------
"...Bahl'al spurred his army onward with a blistering wind. Three full days before his army arrived... the citizens of Tyr knew their doom lumbered nearer with each passing hour..."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Super-health slimes? What do you mean? As far as I know, very few of the slimes in the game have excessive amounts of HP... they just resist everything melee.

Honestly, blasting them with Bolt of Fire (for one-on-one situations) and Icy Rain (for huge masses) works best, particularly when you've got a fighter absorbing their attacks. There's no particularly easy way to kill them, though.

(Except for those slimes in the mine west of Dharmon, which will die with one Bolt and then explode in a cloud of flames)

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
I love the exploding slimes. I hit and boom. :)

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Most slimes take more damage from magic than weapons. Any magic will do.

—Alorael, who never took that much damage from slimes although it took a while to kill them. Standing and hacking works if you're not in a hurry.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Some slimes, like the ones guarding the Oozing Blade, are just obnoxiously tough. Fortunately, they still don't pose any real danger, and the reward for killing them in that particular case is definitely worth it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
I was never too fond of the Oozing Blade, or any other sword in A4 for that matter. The only one worth my time was the Radiant Soulblade, but even that felt kinda weak.
Man, I miss the claymores of old, from A2 and G2.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I was far more impressed with A4's selection of swords than with its polearms.

Some of this is a leftover from the beta, which had far fewer neat spears and halberds. Even playing through the full game left me less than enthused. The Jade Halberd is good, but there isn't much else worth drooling over. The Oozing Blade fulfills much the same function and much earlier.

—Alorael, who would say that all slimes are obnoxiously tough. The ones guarding the Oozing Blade just happen to be difficult as well.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Originally written by VCH:

quote:
I love the exploding slimes. I hit and boom.
Forget pyroroamers. Dikiyoba wants to be able to create exploding slimes in G4.

Edit: Fixed quote.

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 16:59: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally written by VCH:

quote:
I love the exploding slimes. I hit and boom.
Forget pyroroamers. Dikiyoba wants to be able to create exploding slimes in G4.

Edit: Fixed quote.

Like they would be any better? Have Pyroroamers ever been used for anything? Are they usefull..At all?
I think I remember Delicious Vlish saying something about using them for humor reasons. To be more precise; He used to charge Master Hoge with a pack of them, just because he though the idea was funny.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
No, they would be less useful. At some point, something becomes so low that only something lower can be better. And if the stupid pyroroamers were gone, maybe they could be replaced with something better.

Dikiyoba also thinks the idea of exloding slimes is funny. Gloop, gloop, boom!