Mertis Spiral

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mertis Spiral
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #0
I have found the adventurer near Mertis who neutralizes the undead in the Spiral so that you can apparently find out what is behind the undead (who can all be killed easily BTW by soaking them with acid). So I go back to the Spiral but I am a piercing crystal short. Is there an alternative to get the barriers out of the way?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
Run down (about 2-3 screens down) to the Tower Colony, and learn Dispell Barrier. All it takes is a short quest, which involves killing a demon (not too hard on Normal). That's what I did, got tired of all the barriers.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Ya know, both times now I have just acid sprayed my way through all those cauldron things, and solved the undead problem myself, before tracking down Sleater. Anyone mind telling me what happens if you find him first? He neutralizes the cauldron spawn, or something?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
He makes it so that after a turn delay, you can do real damage to the cauldron spawn (they're not invulnerable anymore).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #4
Thanks all. It could be that the effectiveness of acid against the undead is a bug that Jeff might want to change. Overall in the game, acid appears to work when other things don't.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
Well, that would have been convenient. Meh.

But from the description of how the cauldron things kind of regenerate constantly, it isn't so crazy to imagine that acid is the one thing that can harm them. It is perhaps a problem though, how acid is the universal solvent in A4.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

He makes it so that after a turn delay, you can do real damage to the cauldron spawn (they're not invulnerable anymore).
I thought the undead had to hit you or pass you by before the blessing weakened them?

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
You have to be near them for a turn, which is what I was trying to say before.

They don't have to hit you or anything, though.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
The weakening actually happens at the point when the undead takes its turn, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
Yes, so I guess the most correct way to say it is this: their script has to run (i.e. they have to take a turn) while you're nearby. So you can have a fighter run up and stand next to them, the undead attack, and then archers or whatever attack and do real damage, all in the same turn.

Bleh.

--------------------