How do I counter a Fear spell?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How do I counter a Fear spell?
Apprentice
Member # 6633
Profile #0
I'm trying to destroy the mad mage outside Fell - something, but he keeps on driving my group away with the orange fear spell. How do I counter it? Shields don't work, neither does cure. He often drives my whole party insane.
Also, before the end of the demo - is it best to destroy all the crystals before the mage
Also, why does cure not always work?
F
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
Have your priest cast Restore Mind. And destroy his pylon of terror.

Yes, destroy all of the pylons. They are keeping the mage alive. Send in some summons and shoot the pylons with bows and hit them with acid. When they will explode, they will visciously poison the enemy mage. When you destroy all of the pylons, and he has been severely poisoned, he will die rather quickly.

Cure works. Some toxins are so nasty that you need to cast it more than once, or have a higher level of cure.

Was this helpful? If you need anything else, please, feel free to ask.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
Thing about Cure is that it doesn't totally purge poison- poison works in "ranks", and the more you have, the more damage it does. Casting Cure always lowers the ranks you have, so even if you don't get rid of your poison, it doesn't become a lethal dosage automatically.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6633
Profile #3
This was very helpful - but, where do I learn the restore mind spell?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #4
Unshackle Mind can be learned at Fort Dranlon—beyond the registration barrier for the demo.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #5
You can also learn it from Hamar, in the farmlands just East of Fort Draco. She is a healer. Ask her to teach you.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #6
Hamar? Really? I was thinking I had seen Unshackle Mind earlier, but wrote down my info for Hamar wrong. Good catch, Vlish.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

Hamar? Really? I was thinking I had seen Unshackle Mind earlier, but wrote down my info for Hamar wrong. Good catch, Vlish.
I believe it costs 700 coins per level bought. And it is worth it buying two levels. Having just one level doesn't seem to do much.

--------------------