Testing chambers *spoilers*

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Testing chambers *spoilers*
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #0
I've made my way up to the 4th testing chamber, SW of Almaria and have no idea how to succeed the test. The Golems seem indestructible, yet the test is a 'test of command'. I've located most of the other testing chambers, but can't get past this one. Can someone give me some advice on it?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
All you have to do is survive long enough and you'll pass the test. Keeping the monsters under control, in this case, means keeping them from killing you. Hold off the golems and as many worms as possible with a fighter, and try to kill the rest of the worms before they can attack.

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 16:20: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
Slow and Steel Skin are your friends... and actually, so are blades that curse the target (i.e.: Ghostly Blade, Frozen Blade). The weaker they get, the more likely you are to survive.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Terror is also a wonderful spell for that test.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #4
Not a bad place to try a Madness Scroll while you're at it too. Those can be fun to whip out at the right party. I think Daze was very useful for my singleton, who recently got through this fourth test on his first try no problem. With Daze, which Ephesos taught me to love, he could kill one worm at a time while the others were frozen. Have the golems pounding on your most bullet-proof PC in the meantime.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #5
Thanks for the input guys.
I've made it through the test in the Abyss with the broken language, and it doesn't say were the next circle is. I thought that I had found it, but can't remember where the devil the place was.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #6
Wait, how many tests have you done...five or six? You must have done all six. The Abyss test is the sixth and last one in the game. You did the fifth test in the ruins NE of Fort Remote in between, I take it, in order to get into the Abyss test room. Kind of leaves you wanting even more, huh?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #7
Guess only 6 tests...I was really dissapointed in the Abyss test, it was really easy compared to some of the others.
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #8
There's no one in the castle to report that you did all the tests to?
It says that they were set up by the castle after all.....
The 6th test is somewhat easier because the wolves don't attack you on the first round, and then they help you. If you had to fight them AND the demons it might actually have been harder. As it was, it was way to easy for where it is in the game.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
The sixth test was just generally easy... by that point, you should have all sorts of ridiculous shielding spells, and nobody should be able to harm the wolves. In fact, the last time I did that one, none of the enemies even had a chance to harm the wolves... they died too quickly.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #10
I have returned!
..And you better have bloody-well missed me.
Haven't posted on Spidweb since I got bored with Geneforge 3, but now I am back, having bought A4 and all.
This post seems to be the quickest way to solve my current conundrum; Where the blaze is the third test?

Nice to see you all again.
Cheers.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
The third test is in the NW corner of the chitrach tunnels under the Eastern Gallery. Be sure to bring your Piercing Crystal. If you're playing the demo, two tests is all you get.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #12
Ah, thank you.
And as I previously mentioned; I have bought the game.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #13
I was really hoping for a stone circle type event with the testing chambers. Noone at the castle seemed to care about them and I loved how in E3 you were stoped behind the Keep of Tinraya(spelling?) if you complete all the circles, and had to fight the Hakkai before moving on.

Oh well...the stone circle outside of Rentars final fortress certainly gave me a startle for a moment.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by ArsonPerBuilding:

Oh well...the stone circle outside of Rentars final fortress certainly gave me a startle for a moment.
Even more so if you've killed the shades, since the point at which you see the stone circle is exactly when the crystal fragments from the shades start playing up. For a moment there, I was honestly expecting to have to fight all 3 shades at once.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 15:05: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by ArsonPerBuilding:

Has that circle actually done anything to/for anyone? Or is it just there for show?

--------------------