A3: No beams

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3: No beams
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #0
A strange problem cropped up a while ago in Avernum 3. No beams (meaning the ray that goes from the caster to the targets) for spells (like for Lightning Spray, Fireblast, etc.) appear. They used to appear, but now none appear. Not even that beam for the spell in the beginning of the opening cutscene are shown. I don't really care too much about this problem, but it would be nice to fix. I doubt reinstalling will fix the problem, because I recently did that.

--------------------
Slarty: "Why don't we all just get along?"

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #1
On the main menu, click "Settings" (or if you're playing, press Esc and click "Preferences"), and make sure the box next to "Play Special Effects" is lit up. If it is, then the beams should show.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #2
It is turned on, but the beams still don't show.

Edit: FYI, I'm running 10.4.11 Mac OSX on a G5 iMac. Avernum 3 v1.1.4. Any help is appreciated, but I don't have to fix the problem.

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 05:08: Message edited by: Fractal ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
You haven't set the game speed to the fastest setting, have you? I know that turns some animations off, although I didn't think beams were one of them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
You may just have a corrupt game file. Uninstall and reinstall might be the answer. You can skip the uninstall part by creating a new folder for a newly downloaded version to test this solution.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #5
Thanks for the help! It's all fixed now.

--------------------