Wine, Exile II, and the OLPC XO

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wine, Exile II, and the OLPC XO
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #0
Despite not receiving my XO for several months, it has finally arrived. In fact I am using it to post right now. It's much nicer than I expected it to be. Unfortunately my experience with linux is fairly minimal.

I've installed wine on the machine and downloaded the .exe intaller. However, when I execute wine on it nothing seems to happen. Should I copy the already installed program from my other computer and run wine on the actual game file?

Also, anyone else with an XO?

EDIT: I've solved my problem with Exile II, and now I'm able to play it on the XO. Although now I'm having trouble getting the Linux version of Exile III to run. It installs correctely but when I go to the directory and run ./exile3 it doesn't do anything...

[ Saturday, March 15, 2008 04:21: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
If Exile II works in Wine, it stands to reason that Exile III would as well. The Linux port of Exile III is notoriously unstable. If I were you I would try the Windows version in Wine.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #2
I've learned that remote desktop also resolve these issues. Since the XO is less bulky than my PC this is optimal. When I'm too far away to use remote desktop, wine will suffice. Anyone know if any of the Avernums are wine compatible?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum