G4 makes icons disappear

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: G4 makes icons disappear
Apprentice
Member # 5916
Profile #0
Windows XP

Playing Geneforge 4 makes all the icons in my desktop, start menus, and Windows Explorer disappear--no placeholder icon, just nothing. Restarting the computer makes some return, but not all (those that remain missing are at least replaced with a placeholder icon).

Ideally, it would be nice if they didn't disappear, but I would settle for being able to get them all back when I want them.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #1
Sounds like explorer.exe is having issues. Next time just hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and open up the task manager. Under the File menu select New Task. Type explorer.exe and hit OK. That should bring them back without the need to restart...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Make sure you go to the Processes tab and check to see if explorer.exe is running first. Otherwise, attempting to launch Windows Explorer again will just result in a browsing window popping up. If explorer.exe is still running, right-click on it and select End Process. Confirm ending the process, and follow Sullest's instructions from there.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
In Last Hope's Light RP - The end is near...
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
Yes, this is really a windows problem not a spiderweb one. Somewhere abouts there is a "repair icons" button. Now if I could only remember where... might be in TweakUI...

--------------------
Espresso - as close as you're going to get to an intravenous caffeine shot.

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4