Fort Remote

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fort Remote
Apprentice
Member # 10155
Profile #0
Avernum 4:

Hi! I went to fight R-I and the guys that were helping me disappeared when I went back to Fort Remote to heal up. I thought they would reappear when I got to R-I (don't know how to spell the crazy lady's name!) anyway, they did not. I fought her and she escaped and I'm at a loss --- is this a technical problem? Am I missing something with the story line?

Thanks!
Genevieve

[ Wednesday, December 12, 2007 09:29: Message edited by: Genevieve ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
The Vahnatai that help you move around. First to get them to R-I's fort, then they wait to enter, then they wander downstairs to the doorway, and finally inside. It's possible that they got killed off by the guards and traps, but when I played I went ahead each time to clear the way and make sure they didn't suck up my experience.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #2
Rentar-Ihrno
Hey, I'm a grammar nazi.

--------------------
Slarty: "Why don't we all just get along?"

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #3
That was not a grammatical error, or any kind of error at all. Since when are abbreviations not grammatically correct? :P

[ Thursday, December 13, 2007 17:37: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Genevieve:

I thought they would reappear when I got to R-I (don't know how to spell the crazy lady's name!)
quote:
Originally written by deltaflyer:

Rentar-Ihrno
Hey, I'm a grammar nazi.

quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

That was not a grammatical error, or any kind of error at all. Since when are abbreviations not grammatically correct? :P
I think the intention was to specify the correct spelling in light of the original poster's statement, not to correct the original poster's grammar (which, as you say, would be nonsensical).

R-I is fortunately unambiguous, though, so the actual spelling doesn't really matter. I'm not sure why Rentar-Ihrno would be difficult to spell, though, if one at least read the name aloud once phonetically. Then again, I've had the same thought about the word "vahnatai," and we know the tendencies there.

[ Thursday, December 13, 2007 20:33: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
A long time ago, I wrote an Articles & Examples article for BoE that went on for some time about misspellings of Rentar-Ihrno.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Slartucker forever ago:
One last note. Spelling is especially important when you refer to an NPC you didn't create. If you want someone to talk about Rentar-Ihrno, for example, look up the spelling of her name, don't guess (Rintarino? Rent-Arono?). If you're not careful, she might just throw some quickfire at you.
Ah, good old "Notes on Dialogue."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00