Upgrading Avernum Trilogy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Upgrading Avernum Trilogy
Apprentice
Member # 5015
Profile #0
A long time ago I purchased the Avernum Trilogy on CDs. On the CDs I have Avernum v1.0.2, Avernum 2 v1.0.2, and Avernum 3 v1.1.3.

I am currently running Mac OS 10.4.10 Intel Core 2 Duo

Now, when I attempt to install Avernum 1 and 2 on my Mac, a message pops up that reads:
You cannot open the application "Avernum v1.0.2 Full Installer" because it is not supported on this system.

When I install Avernum 3 on my system, the installation works fine but the game crashes when I click "Start New Game".

I have attempted to add the .app extension to the filenames on Avernum 1 and Avernum 2 installers after reading this on the spiderweb support page. However I receive the same popup error message as above.

When I download the latest demo files of all three of these games on the spiderweb site, the demos install and play just fine on my Mac.

Is there anything else I can do to get these full versions running?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
You need the preference files from the CD-ROM for the games. If you can't get the original CD to load so the preferences are on the hard drive, then you need to email Jeff to explain the problem and get registration codes.
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #2
Yea sounds like non OS X compatible installers (I think Avernum v1 wasn't). You can request keys from Spiderweb or you can probably get an updated CD for a nominal fee.

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Apprentice
Member # 5015
Profile #3
Okay, thanks Randomizer and macdude22,

I guess I'll send an email to Jeff.