Item error?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Item error?
Apprentice
Member # 5736
Profile #0
Greetings. I'm experiencing a problem with Geneforge 4, on the macintosh. However, I'm not really expecting any sort of resolution because A) I'm quite tired, and this 'error' may simply be human error on my part and B) I'm not quite sure what could be done about it anyway.

Description: I had found the Crystalline Fibers. I went from there to my stash, which was a barrel in which I kept everything 'interesting' throughout the entire game. I dumped the fibers in the barrel, took all my swamp herbs along with those I had found in the area near the fibers, and sold them. About an hour later, I return to the barrel, because I'm going to use the fibers with the anvil. Only there are no fibers in the barrel. Instead, there's a single solitary swamp herb.

Perhaps I'm just tired, and have somehow, SOMEHOW, completely mislaid the fibers, and had two stacks of swamp herbs in the barrel, and didn't gather them all up to sell. But it -feels- like I'm having an item error where due to the many items in the barrel, it swapped them or something.

My question: Is there any prior evidence of 'overloading' from stuffing too many items into a barrel, resulting in swapping of what all is in there? Items swapped or gone missing?

--------------------
If you can't be a good example, then be a terrible terrible warning.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
I don't think crystalline fibers are sellable. You may have missed a swamp herb item since they look similar.

There is a possibilty of over loading a storage place, but the limit is about 200 items.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
I will confirm that the fibers are unsellable, and that they look annoyingly similar to dried herbs and swamp herbs. Are you absolutely sure that that solitary swamp herb isn't the Crystalline Fibers?

If you did stick too many items into a single zone, then you're probably missing several other items as well. Have you noticed anything else missing lately?

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 5736
Profile #3
I didn't think I'd sold the fibers (they have a value of 0) but rather that I'd taken everything with that appearance out of the barrel, and then put in the fibers. Only now I find there's no fibers and 1 swamp herb.

I'm not in a position to check, but I don't think there're more than approx 150 item stacks in the barrel at the moment (so long as having 50 of an item in a stack counts as '1' item, anyway)

I have noticed I was missing the second vial of blood poison, which I had also put into the barrel, but had figured I just mislaid it somewhere...

No other -specific- items missing, but I don't remember half of what all is in the barrel....any remotely unique items end up getting tossed in the stash...all the rings, shoes, shields, cloaks, swords, belts, etc.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #4
In which area is this barrel? How many items (stacks count as one) are in the barrel?

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!

The Mystic: "Vista is a rather funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Apprentice
Member # 5736
Profile #5
The barrel is in the main rebel fort in the fens section. It contains 152 items, currently, meaning at the time I noticed things missing it contained 150 give or take 15.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Don't forget that everything else in the zone counts towards the 200 limit as well. By the time you factor in all the items that were in the zone plus all the stuff in your barrel, you've got to be getting close to the limit. Worthless junk items like trash and spoons would disappear first, though.

Anyway, there's not a lot that can be done besides play on without it.

Dikiyoba.