Geneforge 2 error

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 2 error
Apprentice
Member # 8870
Profile #0
Help anyone please! While trying to save on geneforge 2, I get an error message saying "Save Error: Couldn't create a file. Try saving in a different slot. Error 3" If anyone knows what to do to fix this please post it. While on an admin account though I can save with out a problem.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
Um, if your "admin" account works fine why wont you use it.

If you don't want to, please state clearer information.
What system you are using, etc.

Edit- Oh! I think I know why. If your computer only lets you make files on the "admin" accout, you have to use it because when you save you make files.

[ Saturday, June 02, 2007 10:31: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Apprentice
Member # 8870
Profile #2
I am using Windows XP service pack 2.I am not allowed to use an admin account. Also Geneforge 1 allows a limited account to save, but not Geneforge 2 why is that?????
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
As I said, it is probably on the computer.
You could:
A) explain to your parents that you have to use admin or
B) move on

I'm sorry that I can't help you more.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
This problem stems from Jeff's modifications to the games to work with Vista, which doesn't like programs to write to the Program Files folder (Go figure :rolleyes: ) Anyway, the game puts its save files in the user's documents directory. Most likely, the game was installed using the admin account. Unfortunately, no accounts (other than those with administrator privileges can) can read or write to another account's documents directory.

Depending on what privileges your account has, you may or may not be able to install programs, if you are unable, ask your parents (or whoever it is that controls the computer) to temporarily give your account administrator privileges. Then, reinstall the game from your account. Your parents can return your account to its original state, and you should have no problems saving anymore. :)

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
Gah! UBB, why must you torment me?

[ Saturday, June 02, 2007 18:40: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.