Mouse Buttons in Geneforge 4

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mouse Buttons in Geneforge 4
Apprentice
Member # 8343
Profile #0
I am left-handed and I have my mouse setup for left-handed use (the main mouse button is the right-hand one). When I run Geneforge 4, the mouse buttons revert back to a right-handed mouse. Is there a setting I can use to make Geneforge 4 use a left-handed mouse?

Regards,
Mark
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Probably not. I don't think there's any way to make it respect custom keyboard configurations, and that probably applies for mouse configurations too.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8343
Profile #2
Okay. I don't see it as a customization. All of my other games have no problems with my left-hand mouse.

Mark
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #3
This Mac or Windows?

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Apprentice
Member # 8343
Profile #4
Windows
Apprentice
Member # 8365
Profile #5
I'm having the same problem with Avernum 4 and my left-handed mouse settings in Windows.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #6
I can only assume that Jeff bypasses Windows mouse-handling and reads the mouse clicks directly. Or to put it another way, you're stuffed.

I suggest you both politely e-mail Jeff (spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com) and ask if he's aware of the problem and whether he can devise a solution. Even so you'll probably have to wait till Avernum 5.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 8365
Profile #7
Guess I shouldn't have shelled out the money for 4 without checking that. Oh well.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #8
Possible solution.

I believe there is a utility somewhere called Microsoft Mouse Helper. I found it useful for adjusting my mouse on my iBook G3. Perhaps there is an equivalent on Windows. Just a thought. I usually use Mac, so I think in terms of OS X relative to, say, Vista.

And if you can't find any utility by that name or a similar one, email Mr. Vogel, as Thuryl has stated. I usually use that as a last resort, because he's probably busy most of the time.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Kallini:

Guess I shouldn't have shelled out the money for 4 without checking that. Oh well.
Can't you just click with your middle finger throughout the game? Is it really that hard?

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.