Problems with Blades of Exile

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Problems with Blades of Exile
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #0
Blades of Exile (the latest version) doesn't seem to run well on my PowerPC G4 with OS X 10.4.3. For example, most of the time it plays the sounds one click too late.

I'd be very thankful and glad for a carbonized version of Blades of Exile, because scenarios are still made for it and I want to play them.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Not likely to happen. You need to run it in classic mode.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #2
I run it in the Classic mode. That's when the problems happen.

If there's no solution to at least the sound problem, the game doesn't work properly enough.

That means I won't play it on my new computer, which means I might not finish my two scenarios. (Depends on how long I'm able to use my old computer.)
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #3
Man, this is getting me worried - a few years later, I'll have to get a new computer because I can't keep the old one forever. What will I do without BoE?

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #4
It could have something to do with Game Speed, which is adjustable in the Preferences of the game. And if that doesn't work, BoE is actually kinda fun if you play it with the 'No Sounds' option turned on.

Seriously though, having your sounds a beat too late shouldn't be too heinous a problem. The game should still be quite enjoyable.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #5
Technically, this doesn't make the game unplayable, except for some sound puzzles maybe.

But it's frustrating, because I've been used to playing with sounds on and I like them. I suspect that I may not want to play it because I have other games that are able to play their sounds.

I am also worried, especially because of rumours that it doesn't run at all on Intel macs.

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 08:02: Message edited by: Milu ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
With the Intel macs, you can dual-boot between MacOS X and Windows XP. (and presumably Vista when it comes out) This should allow you to keep playing BoE for years to come. :)

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicelt:

With the Intel macs, you can dual-boot between MacOS X and Windows XP. (and presumably Vista when it comes out) This should allow you to keep playing BoE for years to come. :)
The trouble is that even if you boot into Mac OS X, Classic mode doesn't work at all on Intel Macs. BoE is a Classic application. Ergo, it will not run on Intel Macs.

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 23:35: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
He was implying that one would run it on the Windows side. XP is still capable of running BoE.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00