GF3: Double code?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF3: Double code?
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #0
Hi everyone! I had register Geneforge 3 on my Mac and I notice a strange thing: :eek: I opened the game on System MacOS X and I copied the registration number. After I registered the game with tha code, I went to my second System, MacOs 9.2, and I saw that the registration number is different, and the code didn't work but all my Saved Games can be loaded as usual! So, (I haven't tried that, I'm too scared) if I load a game on the 9.2 System where I'm in an area that is not in the demo (that with using my registered copy on System X), what will happen? :confused:

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 04:23: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Saved games might be loadable across registered/nonregistered games, but only act weirdly if you had gone beyond the barrier... wait, I'll try that with a fresh install.

Edit: Yep, you get stuck in a black void. You can safe and reload without breaking the game though - when you load it with the registered program, it's back to normal.

Also, if you have registered the game on one system, you should be able to get another key from Jeff to run it on the other. Buy it once, you get a lifetime license for any computer you want to install it on. Spiderweb isn't Sony BMG, see. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #2
Is Sony Bmg still putting those malware programs on the blank cds?

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:53: Message edited by: Capt. Obvious ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Apparently, they've stopped doing it. Or so they claim. After this, I wouldn't trust them that soon again...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Are you saying I can get a registered copy of Avernum 2 for Windows after getting a copy for a Mac without paying another 25 bucks? That sounds too good to be true.

With the money Dikiyoba can save, Dikiyoba can afford to buy another Spiderweb Software game.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 14:24: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Are you saying I can get a registered copy of Avernum 2 for Windows after getting a copy for a Mac without paying another 25 bucks? That sounds too good to be true.

With the money Dikiyoba can save, Dikiyoba can afford to buy another Spiderweb Software game.

Edit: Sig change.
Aha! You have failed, imitator! Nobody except Alorael can keep it up forever.

And yes, he is indeed saying that. Although in MagmaDragoon's case, can't you just copy the registered game's preferences file over the unregistered game's file? I thought that stored the code and registration number?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
I believe SW games use a different format for preferences across platforms. Transferring your Mac preferences file to Windows won't successfully transfer your preferences across. I'm not sure of this, though; you could always try it.

I do know that they're in the same format for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, just stored in different places.

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 17:04: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Knotty:

Aha! You have failed, imitator! Nobody except Alorael can keep it up forever.
I think you've failed to understand what he's doing. He (for no apparent reason) switches into the third person in the final paragraph. This is distinct from Alo's custom sig, because Alo's sig has some sense to it.

And yes, you can just ask SW for a new reg key whenever you need one, as long as you've bought the game at least once before. I've switched back and forth between Mac and Windows, alternated Macs repeatedly, re-installed my operating system, and done many other things that have unregistered my games, and Spiderweb is good about getting me a new key.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
And now we know why graphics take so bloody long to get updated. :P

Thanks Kel.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Apprentice
Member # 6721
Profile #9
they should officialy mention it in the order form , cuz i've bought only 2 games because im playing on an old mac , and prefered to wait till i buy those windows version for my new comp. now ill just buy em' now and get another key later ( suggestion : add this info on the site , could get you some more clients )

--------------------
" you know that your a real agent when you realize that you sneak and killed all the monsters in an area ..."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
If you want to make a business-related suggestion to Jeff, e-mail him. He sometimes reads the boards of absolutely brand-new games, but I think he's not to be found around Tech Support much.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #11
Seems kinda odd, as he's the guy who makes the games and knows them best, he should be reading every post in the tech support section.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
A lot of issues are resolved without his help though. I'm betting most of the ones that don't get resolved and aren't just the result of a user's computer probably get e-mailed to him eventually.

Dikiyoba notices that descriptions of bugs and other issues often end up in the other forums anyway.