Geneforge 2-My old copy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 2-My old copy
Apprentice
Member # 6592
Profile #0
Before I start, this is not so much a "Tech" problem that was made on the game but more so on my machine. I just want to clarify this -_-

Anyways, my problem is this; about a week ago, my computer was corrupted by a malicious virus. I actually wasnt able to purge it on my own, and as such, we had to take the computer to the local electronics store. anyways, they said that they had to wipe the entire drive, as it had infected so many key files on my computer. long story short they wiped my drive and everything on it.

Now what I was wondering, is what can be done about my registered Geneforge 2. I mean, i can reload 95% of everything else back onto my computer in about an hour but not geneforge 2.... do I have to re-buy the game? because that would just suck, or do i download it... and hope for the best from the head honchos here.... or... what?

Thats my problem, and i was wondering if anyone could help...

PS: I know this probably isint the right spot for this topic, but i tried to put it in the right place from the descriptions of the forums... sorry...
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #1
Download and install a new copy of Geneforge 2.

eMail Spiderweb Software with the details you purchased the game under, and ask for a new registration code.

It should take about 1 day, 3 days at most, to get a new code.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Apprentice
Member # 6592
Profile #2
what do u mean details? u mean like the address and what not that I gave before? good lord... wish me luck then...

I could give the cred card... but thats about it...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Your name is usually enough. If they want more, they'll e-mail you back.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6592
Profile #4
:) well thats nice to know atleast.

thank you Kelandon :)
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
I thought you also had to give your old registration code. that way they can swap the two registration codes. That is, remove the old one, and give you the new one.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
All they need is verification that you did in fact register before and can thus reasonably request a new code. Your old code is entirely irrelevant.

—Alorael, who doesn't even bother to save his. If he needs to re-register, he'll need a new code anyway.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #7
If memory serves, they wanted the zip code you registered at. If you put down your real zip code, this should not be too much of a problem with Mapquest and all.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00