Tiger doc crash

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Tiger doc crash
Apprentice
Member # 5930
Profile #0
I just started playing Blades of Avernum. I had a problem with G3 with the doc crashing in OS X Tiger, and after I upgraded to the latest patch the problem went away. Blades of Avernum seems to have the same problem, so I wonder if the same fix will be going into it and when? Thanks!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Since Geneforge is newer than BoA, i suspect that the only way of getting a fix for this, is to send an email to Jeff, or the patch already exists. Try looking at the BoA site, listed below:

www.avernum.com/blades/techsupp.html

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 5930
Profile #2
I have the latest patchlevel. The dock still crashes. I was mistaken about G3. I reran it to make sure it didn't crash the dock, but it still does.

This bug does not prevent me from playing the game or using other apps, but it certainly isn't cosmetic.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Tiger is the latest version, 10.4, isn't it? I heard of many games who seem to crash or there are problems with them on Tiger. It can be possible that the game has problms simply running on Tiger. Try on a different computer which, for example, runs 10.3.
if that doesn't seem to make a difference, I don't know what's going on. If it does make a (better) difference, it can be the system.

i think that you could try this, although I think somebody who uses Tiger will offer better help, as this somebody will know better how the system works. I'm a Mac OS 9 user. So i'm not a Tiger person. maybe even kelandon or Drakefyre can help you, but try what I suggested (if you have acces to 10.3)

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 5930
Profile #4
I have not tried BoA on 10.3, but I did have the same problem with G3 on 10.3. So, the problem is probably caused by some sort of interaction with my system and the game. I've got unsanity haxies, DragThing, Quicksilver, Path Finder, and so on installed on my system.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
the only things I can think of now, is to try it on an older system, just be it like this or ask somebody who has more expertise in this matter. You could of course also install 10.4 again, without all the other things (the programs you mentioned) and see if it helps. I'm pretty sure its the system, not the game.

Always glad to help somebody.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!