Classic slowdown after playing GC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Classic slowdown after playing GC
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #0
After launching GC for the fifth time or so, I received an error about not having enough memory to run OS X effectively with Classic apps or something to that effect. GC opened afterward, but with the sound significantly slowed down. Thinking that this was some RAM snafu, I rebooted. The error no longer showed up, but the sound still ran slow. What's worse is that now I've discovered that all of my Classic programs have a sound slowdown. I tried Googling™ the problem to no avail, so I figured I might try here.

Crud. I actually liked GC, too. I hope it hasn't given me a reason to reformat. :P

For reference, here are my system specs.

Mac OS X v 10.3.9
1.8 GHz iMac G5
512 MB RAM

Classic v. 1.8.3 (OS 9.2.2)

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Strange. I've an Imac G3 and only the first time when I played it, the computer ran slowly. th game itself actually didn't become slower, but the computer itself was all the time (what I call thinking), making that strange knows when its handling processes. Do uou understand what I mean? I think, if i read your problem, that you maybe should try to strat up with OS 9, instead of OS X. maybe that will work. Or you should give Geneforge more memory to work (or give that memory to OS X) with. I also ha problems of this kind, but then the computer claimed that the program didn't have enough memory. Also, that were other programs.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
If he's using 10.3, chances are he can't boot in OS 9.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
He can't? I thought there is this option to boot in OS 9. is this option deleted in 10.3? Because i think my mother, who uses 10.3, can.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
It actually depends on the model of your computer, not the OS, or it did until recently.

Try running Classic without extensions by holding down 'Shift' when loading Classic.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #5
Although it was a good idea, turning off the extensions did absolutely nothing for the slowness. I'm thinking I'll have to do some sort of update/reinstall of my Classic.

And for the record, I am unable to boot in 9. I would if I could, but the folks at Cupertino did away with that.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way