Blades of Avernum Editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Blades of Avernum Editor
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #0
Wonder if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. When I use the editor and open a saved scenario an error box comes up telling me that Blades of Aveernum has encountered a problem and needs to close.

This is happening everytime I try and use it. I've downloaded another editor and started again but it keeps happening. Any advice or help would be great. I'm on Windows if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
My first thought:

"If you run the editor and it immediately gives you a ton of errors (like that it can't find the "Warrior's Grove" file), you need to move the editor application (.exe file) itself into the "Data" (Windows) or "Blades of Avernum Files" (Mac) folder." — from the BoA Editor header

Does it give a specific error? If so, it would be helpful to know the exact text of the error message.

Also, are you opening the .bas file in the scenario folders? That's the one that you need to select (so in Valley of the Dying Things, you want to open valleydy.bas in the editor).

[ Sunday, December 12, 2004 10:19: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #2
The first thing that comes up is :-
Blades of Avernum was unable to find or load graphic 2000. Make sure the editor is in the Data folder of Blades of Avernum (and not in a sub-folder). Also, make sure all graphics are where they should be.

Then it comes up as:-
Error!The Editor was unable to find and load the file warriorsgrove.bas.

Then I open a saved file which comes up as:-
Unhandles Exception: c0000005
At Address: 0042fd60

Does this make any sense to you? It doesn't to me...

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Allow me to repeat myself:

"If you run the editor and it immediately gives you a ton of errors (like that it can't find the "Warrior's Grove" file), you need to move the editor application (.exe file) itself into the "Data" (Windows) or "Blades of Avernum Files" (Mac) folder." — from the BoA Editor header

And the error message itself tells you what you need to do: "Make sure the editor is in the Data folder of Blades of Avernum (and not in a sub-folder)."

[ Sunday, December 12, 2004 11:11: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #4
Head. Wall. Bang.

Repeat.
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #5
I'm blonde, what do you expect? (lol)

Where is the editor application? Is it in the Source folder?

I do apologise for this.

[ Monday, December 13, 2004 01:58: Message edited by: Odile von Rothborne ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #6
quote:
Where is the editor application? Is it in the Source folder?
Odile, you said in your first post: 'when I use the editor'. Well, in order to use the editor, you have to click on the editor.exe, so you seem to know where that is.
The editor.exe = the editor application
Move the editor.exe into the Data folder. You find the Data folder by opening your Blades of Avernum folder.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #7
Don't worry I've got the damn thing up and running now even if it is without the Warriors grove file. Thans, Kelandon, for helping me, I do appreciate it.

--------------------