BoA...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoA...
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #0
I just got BoA,and,i don't know how to download scenarios.Can anyone help>?

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #1
First of all, if you're not registered, you can't download scenarios. If you are registered here are the installation instructions.

Download an adventure by clicking on its name. If you're using a Macintosh, select a scenario from Macintosh column, and if you're using Windows, select a scenario from the Windows column. If your web browser asks, tell it to save the file to disk.
3. The scenarios are compressed for fast downloading. Your browser should be smart enough to unpack them for you. (If not, you can use StuffIt Expander (on a Mac) or WinZip (on Windows) to uncompress it.) You will now have a folder containing the scenario.
4. Drag the scenario folder into the Blades of Avernum Scenarios folder, which is in your Blades of Avernum folder. (Drag the whole folder, don't take the files it contains out of it.) NOTE: You should not put more then 30 scenarios in the Blades of Avernum Scenarios folder because inside the game no more then 30 scnearios can be listed.
5. Launch the game Load a party that isn't currently in a scenario and select Enter Scenario. You can use the arrow keys at the bottom of the adventure selection window to flip to your new adventure. Enjoy!
6. After you've played the scenario, you can give us feedback on the Scenario Review Page. We don't have time to test every scenario we get. If a scenario is too buggy to be playable, please let us know, so that we can remove it!

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #2
okay,but,now,i'm trying to copy some of the BoE files with the editor,but it keeps crashing.If someone can put one on the website,or prove it's impossible,i would be happy.

[ Tuesday, August 10, 2004 17:20: Message edited by: samurai56 ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #3
I don't know why its crashing, but I do know that you have to use the import BoE scenario function in the BoA editor to turn it into a readable document for BoA, however, you still have to fix the scenario so that it runs properly(edit terrain and such) and then it is possible to play the scenario with BoA.

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by samurai56:

okay,but,now,i'm trying to copy some of the BoE files with the editor,but it keeps crashing.If someone can put one on the website,or prove it's impossible,i would be happy.
What sort of 'FILES'?

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #5
scenarios.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Well, yes, but what exactly are you doing? What is causing the crash? Are you using the Import Blades of Exile Scenario command in the Blades of Avernum Scenario Editor, which hardly seems like "copying files"? And if you are, why? Do you know that porting scenarios into something playable is a lot of work? What does the editor do when it crashes? Are you aware that at least four scenarios have been ported already, so it's definitely possible to port?

In short, what on Earth are you talking about?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #7
okay,maybe i need to explain more.....

Well,at the begininning,when i turn on the editor,it says that it cant find graphic 2000,or something.I think this is a problem that a lot of people have,but i don't know how to fix it.Yes,i know porting a scenario takes work,but it can't be that hard,right?And yes,i'm using that import button.

[ Wednesday, August 11, 2004 15:10: Message edited by: samurai56 ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
This error most likely means that you have the editor in the wrong place. If you have a Mac, the editor belongs in the Blades of Avernum Files folder. If you have a PC, the editor belongs in the Blades of Avernum Data folder, I think. If moving the editor to one of those places doesn't fix the problem, post the exact error message, when it occurs, and what your operating system is.

Porting really is that hard. You have to debug all of the specials over again -- which is no small task in itself -- and rewrite much of the dialogue, as well as (obviously) redoing all of the custom graphics.

Also, spaces after your punctuation would be much appreciated.

[ Wednesday, August 11, 2004 15:28: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #9
oh....well,thanks for the help. I guess i'll still try to port it....

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #10
wait a second...i haven't been able to use it,and,now that i did,it doesn't work in the data file! the error occurs when i turn the editor on,and it says it can't find graphic 2000,and to make sure the editor is in the data folder. it also says to make sure the graphics are "where they should be",wherever that is.when i press ok,it says:"the editor was unable to find and open the file warriorgrove.bas. until the file is restored,you will not be able to make a new scenario with warrior's grove in it". it crashes after i try to open my scenario. it says"unhandled exception:c0000005 at address: 0042fd58". and my operating system? windows xp professinal.

[ Tuesday, September 07, 2004 05:32: Message edited by: samurai56 ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
Read the rest of the error message. Put the editor inside the BoA Data folder.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
By the way, the thing you want inside the data folder is the editor APPLICATION, not the editor FOLDER. Lots of people slip up on this.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #13
And "GRAPHIC 2000" may be a custom graphic that's in your BoE scenario, and you haven't put in your BoA folder (or something). And PORTING is so much harder than REMAKING

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)