BoE on Windows XP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoE on Windows XP
Warrior
Member # 3472
Profile Homepage #0
It doesn't seem to work. I managed to install, but it everytime it closed the program. It was pure fluke I got it installed. And when I try to play it, it just closes almost as soon as it comes up. Whats happening?

--------------------
"When life gives you a lemon, whing it right back and add some lemons of your own."
Calvin and Hobbes

Visit my new site HERE
Visit a great game here, here and finally the last one
Visit this great site here.
Be Happy.

BACK, HAPPY, PLAYING BLADES WITH A REKINDLED LOVE OF GOOD, FANTASTIC ENGLISH FOLK MUSIC!!! (NOT to be confused with Country :mad:)
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #1
try setting your desktop color to 16-bit and see if it works. If it wont, try to redownload it and reinstall it.....

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #2
It's an older game, so you may confront a compatibility problem. Microsoft offers compatibility patches for games, just check their site.

Also read this:

Compatibility mode

[ Sunday, February 15, 2004 05:55: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by ef:

It's an older game, so you may confront a compatibility problem. Microsoft offers compatibility patches for games, just check their site.

Also read this:

Compatibility mode

I doubt that it is a compatibility problem 'cause I can play it fine without the need of that compatibility thing.............

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #4
So can I.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #5
I can play it fine, too. Yeah, I hate the color thing..

[ Sunday, February 15, 2004 12:33: Message edited by: Mr. Jonnie Zolohahni ]

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Warrior
Member # 3472
Profile Homepage #6
I've tried compatibility mode but it doesn't work. And I'll try the colour mode as soon as I can. Thanks!

--------------------
"When life gives you a lemon, whing it right back and add some lemons of your own."
Calvin and Hobbes

Visit my new site HERE
Be Happy.

BACK, HAPPY, PLAYING BLADES WITH A REKINDLED LOVE OF GOOD, FANTASTIC ENGLISH FOLK MUSIC!!! (NOT to be confused with Country :mad:)
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #7
BoE works better for me on Windows XP than it ever did on any other operating system I've run it on.

(Of course, I haven't played it on a Mac. I suppose that it would be best on one, mostly because it was designed on one... :P )
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #8
i have it too, its as simple as making it and auto on/off when you play the game. (always change colors thing in the menu) it never bugs me, changes in, switches back out.
Warrior
Member # 3472
Profile Homepage #9
:rolleyes: OK, fine, the computer can't handle almost any game. It can't take return to Zork, or BoE and probably wont be able to handle much else either.

--------------------
Calvin and Hobbes

Visit my new site HERE
Be Happy.

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #10
Wait, your computer can't handle BoE, but it can run Windows XP??? I could have sworn that XP had HIGHER system requirements than BoE. What are the specs of your PC?

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Apprentice
Member # 4237
Profile #11
I started having this problem with Exile 2 yesterday. Shutdown after half a minute or so.
Before that I'd completed Exile 1 without ever having problems, and played a ways into Exile 2 too. I haven't installed any new software so I have no idea why it's started acting up.
Apprentice
Member # 4237
Profile #12
I am also running Windows XP btw
Apprentice
Member # 4315
Profile #13
I am also running XP and it works fine for me as do all the other spidweb games I have played. But try to clean some space off of the windows place. A full C: Is a buggy C:
(I have experienced that)

--------------------
Michael Marmorstein