Trajakov must of been a great guy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Trajakov must of been a great guy
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
I think we all remember the supposed villian of them all, the leader of the Sholhia. He must of been one of the most ethical people on the planet before he took canisters, because, even when he used the Geneforge, he retained humanity. Thats something your personal character couldn't manage. And Gottesch was a bastard even with just canisters.

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
First of all, his name is Trajkov of the Sholai.

Second, yes, he probably was a good type of person before he found the canisters and the Geneforge. How you deal with Trajkov relates to your ethics.

Dikiyoba was disappointed the first time Dikiyoba's character used the Geneforge. Dikiyoba made the mistake of clearing out every other section beforehand so there was no one left to pummel with the new-found abilities.

[ Friday, April 14, 2006 15:53: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
It could also be a sign of genetic differencies between Shloai and Shapers. From what I understood, Shapers are at least a different ethnicity from other humans, and Shloai are yet another ethnicity, so perhaps canisters have more side-effects for them than for Shloai.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #3
There may not be such a connection. If the geneforge works just like the canisters, then it reacts differently with different people, but there's no evidence that how "moral" they are has any effect on this. I always believed it was physiological. Some people just don't have strong enough genes it takes to absorb the power without the bad side effects.

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Originally by Zeviz:

quote:
From what I understood, Shapers are at least a different ethnicity from other humans,
Probably not. The games always start you off as an apprentice who has only been recently selected to become a Shaper after years of hard work and study. To me, that makes it sound like Shapers and everyone else (besides the Sholai) are the same race. Besides, there don't seem to be enough married or dating Shapers (or young Shaper children, for that matter) to maintain themselves as a distinct race.

Originally by The Ripper:

quote:
If the geneforge works just like the canisters, then it reacts differently with different people, but there's no evidence that how "moral" they are has any effect on this.
Dikiyoba thinks that perhaps retaining self-control is less about morals and more about willpower. Trajkov had just enough willpower to remain himself after using the Geneforge and also had enough morals to make a decent leader, but the two may or may not be related.
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #5
Its possible that the reason why they lose most of their emotions is because they take to much power at once rather than taking it slowly and giving time for their bodies to ajust to the changes the geneforge made.

--------------------
I hate you all
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Maxmillion:

And Gottesch was a bastard even with just canisters.
Did he use canisters? I recall him wanting to use the Geneforge, but I don't remember any mention of canisters. If someone finds discarded canister husks in his temple, let me know.

quote:
Originally written by The Ripper:

I always believed it was physiological. Some people just don't have strong enough genes it takes to absorb the power without the bad side effects.
Hooray, for I agree. The canisters alter your DNA. The human genome has some huge number of sequences -- in the millions I think -- so the number altered or the importance of those changed seem to vary not only from person to person, but from canister to canister. Example 1: Geneforge 2 had a crazed Guardian-wannabe in Rising whose use of the canisters made him violent and confused. Example 2: Geneforge 3 included the use of three canisters by the leader of the Besieged Camp on the Isle of Spears; they only made him feel warm, he said, but the third one gave him flaking skin.

quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

... From what I understood, Shapers are at least a different ethnicity from other humans, and Shloai are yet another ethnicity ...
See the other thread concerning just that!

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

quote:
Originally written by Maxmillion:

And Gottesch was a bastard even with just canisters.
Did he use canisters? I recall him wanting to use the Geneforge, but I don't remember any mention of canisters. If someone finds discarded canister husks in his temple, let me know.

There is a couple by the south entrance.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #8
I'm certain that Gottesch used canisters. It says it in his description, he says it himself, and there are plenty of used canisters littered throughout the temple he took over.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #9
It's been a while since I last played, but wasn't Gottesch (gee, that's a hell of a name to spell) displaying most of the effects of having used canisters anyway - in particular, the telltale glowing skin?

[ Sunday, April 16, 2006 01:05: Message edited by: Dallerdin with a custom moniker. ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
It's been a while since I last played, but wasn't Gottesch (gee, that's a hell of a name to spell) displaying most of the effects of having used canisters anyway - in particular, the telltale glowing skin?
Yes.

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #11
Also, he wanted badly to use the Geneforge ...

Trajkov was one of the game's most interesting characters. I wouldn't mind playing as Trajkov or one of his shipmates in a prequel. It'd be cool, for sure.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #12
OH YEAH, Coz HE IS SO POWERFUL

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."