theft

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: theft
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #0
how does stealing work?

I've been stealing quite frequently in the game and noticed that just as long as you don't get caught that's fine. But I noticed that sometimes you can steal right under the vendor's nose! How is that possible?

--------------------
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" -G.M.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
If no one sees you steal, then all is well. If you are seen stealing, the townspeople will notice. If you steal too much (and this varies from town to town), they will attack you. Obviously, it's bad if they attack you.

Dikiyoba is so pleased to be without a standard signature again! Dikiyoba apologizes for the off-topicness, but this burst of happiness had to go somewhere.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 17:22: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #2
got it...

I like the fact that it varies from town to town

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #3
The game has sort of a major problem, but you can steal damn near anything with the following method:

1. Send member of party (creation, Greta etc) into desired place of theft.
2. Hide player character (preferably behind a door).
3. Take stuff.

The game only bothers to check if the main character is "visible" when a "NY" item is picked up. But your other party members extend your "get items" range. If you do this in a shop it's really profitable: take all the items off the floor, even the cheap ones, and sell them right away. At some shops (the crystal one in South Keep and Orois Blaze's cave) this can be ridiculously lucrative.

Despite the fact that you posted three threads back-to-back, they're all good questions.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #4
Don't you think that is funny steal items to a shop and sell them at the same shop? Or steal the items near Lord Rahul? :D

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

The game has sort of a major problem, but you can steal damn near anything with the following method:

1. Send member of party (creation, Greta etc) into desired place of theft.
2. Hide player character (preferably behind a door).
3. Take stuff.

The game only bothers to check if the main character is "visible" when a "NY" item is picked up. But your other party members extend your "get items" range. If you do this in a shop it's really profitable: take all the items off the floor, even the cheap ones, and sell them right away. At some shops (the crystal one in South Keep and Orois Blaze's cave) this can be ridiculously lucrative.

yeah! :) ) I had figured that out already.... see I want my shaper to sort of be... let's say "out for himself"? He's not "EVIL" but he likes to steal :D . Trying to play a neutral character is getting hard with all the faction questions I'm getting though

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #6
For those questions, there's typically a neutral answer, or you can just hit the checkmark to escape the dialogue (and the question). Being neutral isn't necessarily good; some people only help you if you're really tilted in one direction. But I haven't read the game script or anything for GF3 yet ...

... I am on a neutral playthrough now, however, and I find that in the first two thirds of the game it's good to be loyalist (Greenwood, Harmony, and Dhonal's Isles). Then you can get training from all the Loyalists (the captain in San Ru, Diwaniya, Lady Anjali). Don't take any major actions for as long as possible (up until the end of Dhonal's Isle, pretty much), but when you've exhausted the benefits of being a loyal Shaper, take a bunch of rebellious actions (like Lankan, Creator (to be more descriptive risks a spoiler (even though everyone has played through by now))) and find people to spread gossip or whatever.

Oh, and try to avoid canisters. They prevent you from dealing with some people. Not many, but hey. At least until you feel like slaughtering all the woodland serviles, keep under seven canisters.

Matt P's guide documents all the actions and words that change your "alliance" (listed by area).

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.