Return of Barzhal?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Return of Barzhal?
Apprentice
Member # 6788
Profile Homepage #0
What if Barzhal returned with the Barzites, only a LOT more powerful and started making his OWN Geneforge?

[ Wednesday, February 15, 2006 19:43: Message edited by: Darkwind ]

--------------------
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Then Jeff would have an idea for GF 5, except he wouldn't use it, because the plot would suck horrendously.

Uh...

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Originally by Arancaytar the Grey:

quote:
Uh...
...Barzhal was killed in the Loyalist ending of G2, which was probably the basis for G3. No go.

Now, what would Barzhal's shade look like? Or having some rebel bind said shade to him or her to gain power?

Dikiyoba.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Besides, hasn't the "Someone is making a Geneforge" plotline sort of been run into the ground already?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
On the Shaper boards you get banned if you ask for help making your own geneforge. Read the FAQ.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6788
Profile Homepage #5
Uh... I don't think you guys get it :P because I forgot to mention that the fact that he it would be cool if he somehow miraculously survived, by making a creation of himself or something in GF2, and everyone thought he died :cool: so then he returns and begins competing with the rebels in making some really powerful thing that will turn the tide (like the geneforge) but he beats them to it and begins winning the war and the rebels and shapers have to unite to survive.(just a thought) :rolleyes:

--------------------
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Actually, another Geneforge wouldn't be so bad. However, it has to be something the main character can use. If the main character can't use it, then I don't really care. There's no last minute decisions to be made. (Do I use it or destroy it? Or do I use it and then destroy it?) It's just destroy it and go home. The decision would be even more interesting if there were bonus sections that could only be accessed (or possible to beat without major effort) once the Geneforge had been used.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #7
A mock geneforge would be interesting. Perhaps the main char has to do some huge quest in order to use said Geneforege. But when the char uses it nothing happens beyond killing the character. I realise it would need to be more dramatic than that. But still a little side quest centered around a fake geneforge would be interesting.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #8
I like the way you think, VCH. The PC should play a part in making the Geneforge, since, so far, it's been completed by the time the PC shows up. Here's a mock recipe for the Geneforge:
- Mined Crystal (100)
- Purified Essence
- Liquid Puresteel [abitrary new item]

As for a quest: having certain alignment to get a skilled Shaper to help you make the gloves; of course you need to go get the ingredients. I think the Forging Gloves ("Shaped Gloves" from GF1) would consist of the following:
- Shaped Gauntlets
- Purified Essence
- Flawless Shard (2)
And then, that skilled Shaper may decide to try to use the Geneforge himself and kill off the PC.

I'm being just as much of an idiot as everyone else here by making up a GF plot, but I should point out that it's really easy to come up with a plot for this ... given the history, characters, sects, races and creations, it's practically premade.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Actually, another Geneforge wouldn't be so bad. However, it has to be something the main character can use. If the main character can't use it, then I don't really care. There's no last minute decisions to be made. (Do I use it or destroy it? Or do I use it and then destroy it?) It's just destroy it and go home. The decision would be even more interesting if there were bonus sections that could only be accessed (or possible to beat without major effort) once the Geneforge had been used.

Dikiyoba.

Agree. The first time that I see the Geneforge in GF3 I used immediately. Without saving first. I had figured it like a big, powerful canister. :rolleyes:

quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

On the Shaper boards you get banned if you ask for help making your own geneforge. Read the FAQ.
Is a joke, it isn't? :confused:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Yes, it's a joke.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
I wonder how one accesses the Shaper forum. Probably takes a mechanics skill of 30 and a magic shaping skill of 10 to create a shaped computer or a leadership skill of 20 to convince others to let you borrow theirs.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #12
But then you'd need a source of essence for the computer, and the keyboard would mutate your internal organs, liquefying you, unless you wore the proper Shaping Gloves. Records of their creation have been long lost, but they say the Cryodrayks in Taker lands know something; they may tell you, for a price. Most Cryodrayks will give anything for a Flawless Shard, but those were all lost or destroyed in the War of the Sholai over a decade ago; rumor has it, though, that an imitation can be forged by a certain Servile smith, although he has been taken captive by the Loyalist Shapers, who would only let another Loyalist see him. Precious little time is left before his execution; perhaps one would talk to the esteemed Hepzibah of the Shaper Council about such matter. However, she has been on vacation for weeks, and she may have been killed in a Sholai guerilla raid two days ago. Also, the components necessary to make the Shaped Computer itself are exceptionally rare: 20 mined shards to mold into working parts, a Steel Breastplate to house the tower, and a Flawless Glaahk Scale for the monitor, and 12 Living Tools to construct it. Oh, and internet access is 2,495 coins a month. Thats with RuneCast High-Speed; you can get Shape-Oh-Ell service for 1,995 coins.

If you weren't sure about the Geneforge joke, you could have actually checked the FAQ.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.