any use for research notes in GF2?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: any use for research notes in GF2?
Apprentice
Member # 5366
Profile #0
i found tons of research notes this far, and i wonder if there is someone who might buy them like iron bars or shaper equipment?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
Yes, but only if you join one particular faction. Well, at least in some versions of the game, you could sometimes manage to sell them without joining the faction, but this was a bug exploit that relied on very fussy positioning of your character, so as to trigger a dialog that would let you sell the notes, without triggering a hostile reaction. I tried it a few times, and the reward in cash and xp was not worth the tedium and aggravation involved. There are much more amusing ways in this game to acquire all the power you need to smoke everything in your path.

[ Thursday, January 26, 2006 03:53: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #2
..And even when playing as a loyalist Agent without canisters on Torment, you can smoke everyone and everything without a bead of sweat.
Game was made far too easy for Agents, and far too hard for Guardians.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
I didn't have too much trouble as a guardian. Admittedly, I was only playing on normal but I wasn't using canisters or creations.

Dikiyoba.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
The secret to GF2 as a Guardian is to pump Parry. You can then waltz through Inner Gazak-Uss letting the Rotdhizons smack themselves to pulp against your ripostes. You need speed to hack up Gazers and Eyebeasts. But I always end up solo, because my creations all die. Compared to an Agent, battles are a bit more drawn out, but you never have to wait to recharge your energy, so the time-averaged fun is about equal.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
Oh, right, this is a G2 discussion? Heh, my bad.
No no no, in G2, Guardian can smoke anything, withotu or with Canisters. It's so patheticly easy, even on Torment.
Agent becomes harder, however, mostly because you don't have an efficient Daze untill late in the game (when you acquire Stong Daze).
I was refering to the G3 guardian.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."